torstein.honsi
Site Admin

Re: First beta relesased

@bobthebob01:
Thanks a bunch! I put a lot of effort into making the Editor intuitive for all knowledge levels, and it's great hearing that you like it.

@vininghill:
From these error messages it seems like the Ext library, the base library of the Editor, is not loaded. I can't explain why. Could it be some issue with your firewall blocking certain files? The fact that it happens in both IE and Firefox suggests that it is either a firewall or server issue. But since you are the only one reporting this I believe it is something in your end.
Torstein Hønsi
CTO, Founder
Highsoft
Kosich

How do I upload pictures to be sorted by file name in image manager, because now it uploads in random mode? Thanks.
torstein.honsi
Site Admin

Hi Kosich,

Custom sorting is not yet supported by the Editor. For now, you have to sort the thumbnails manually in the source code that the Editor generates.
Torstein Hønsi
CTO, Founder
Highsoft
Jo*

Hi there,

the hs editor is freaking outrageous. Just plain awsome. THE best editor for js libraries I've ever seen (and used). Beats everything. The whole concept and outlining is so well thought-out. And the fact that the preview is updated instantaneously is simply outstanding. Given the complexity of hs itself this must have been a tremendous amount of work.

I fiddled with hs galleries to some extend but often missed a thing or two. I used the editor yesterday for the first time and out came a perfect gallery that needed only some minor adjustments.

One thing I was missing though, is it possible to link to a gallery in a similar fashion like shown here: http://www.roadrash.no/hs-support/galle ... tlink.html

And I wasn't able to modify the targetX and targetY in the editor. I just added a

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript">
   hs.targetX = 'my-target 20px'; // 20px to the right of the target
   hs.targetY = null; // follow the scrolling
</script>
to the head of my html document, but having this in the editor.config.js file would be somewhat more professional.

Best regards
Jo
torstein.honsi
Site Admin

Thanks Jo, I really appreciate your compliments! Do you mind if I quote your first paragraph under "Testimonials" on the front page?

As you can see not all options from the API have been implemented in the Editor, for example targetX and targetY, because they require a certain degree of coding in the parent page to start with.

Your first feature request could be implemented together with the "Show first thumbnail only" option. In addition I could add a "Open from text link" option. I'll note that as a feature requests.
Torstein Hønsi
CTO, Founder
Highsoft
Jo*

Hi Torstein,

absolutely - please go right ahead and quote me on your front-page.

I worked on a gallery with text-link but failed to accomplish a satisfactory outcome. I took these 2 examples and somehow tried to merge them:

http://highslide.com/examples/gallery-t ... above.html

http://www.roadrash.no/hs-support/galle ... tlink.html

Maybe you or roadrash find the time to put up another barebone example that incorporates a thumbstrip above the image and features a text-link only or give me a hint as to where I need to adjust the 2nd example.

Perhaps there is a workaround using the editor incorporating the "Show first thumbnail only" option and then replace the image with a textlink?

I guess I just need more practice working with highslide. Considering the numerous options hs incorporates I get overwhelmed at times. To me being a javascript beginner the editor is a godsend that makes setting up the boxes so much easier (and faster).

Jo
RoadRash

Hilde
Highslide Support Team

Overview of my Highslide sample pages: RoadRash.no
Jo*

Your support is second to none. Thanks so much, RoadRash!

The more I play with the editor, the more impressed I get. It really makes getting up boxes a snap. Your barebone example will cover my additional needs.

Btw, I send a PM to Torstein with my full name for the quote.

Best regards
Jo

Return to “Highslide Editor”