kamalgupta

Chart Redraw taking time when hide/show the graph series

Hi,

In my scenario there are 1000 graph series that have 100 points. when i hide/show the graphs then redraw chart function called which takes the time.
Can you please suggest the way how to optimize this performance . can there is any way when i called the hide()/show() function it works without chart redraw() function. please help me.
below is my jsFiddle link :
http://jsfiddle.net/kamalgupta/9prc6s2b/

Thanks & Regards
Kamal Gupta
bastss
Site Admin

Re: Chart Redraw taking time when hide/show the graph series

Hello kamalgupta,

When a number of series is as big as in your example it is advised to use boost-module. Without boost-module this chart will be working only on very performant computers. As is written in the documentation, "The boost module is a stripped down version of the SVG renderer." - so, every change in chart needs to render a new SVG picture and display it, thus redraw effect. Using hide()/show() functions is the most efficient way of hiding and showing series.
API: https://www.highcharts.com/docs/advance ... ost-module

Best regards!
Sebastian Wędzel,
Highcharts Developer
kamalgupta

Hi,
In our scenario we are using the boost mode but also there is the same problem it is also taking too much time to redraw the chart. please suggest me some solution if possible.

Best Regards
Kamal Gupta
bastss
Site Admin

Hello,

We tried this example on different computers and on faster devices with boost module it works fine. Redraw effect is almost imperceptible, but on slower computers, this effect is more visible. So it's more connected with the processing power of computers and speed of the Internet. There is no other way to speed up rendering with so big data.

Best regards!
Sebastian Wędzel,
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highcharts Usage”