Jeremie

Research Project: Integrating Highcharts in Wicket Web App

Hello,

My name is Jeremie. I am a research assistant for a university, and I am developing a web application that will use high-quality charts. I would like to use Highcharts.

Up to now, I had been using Ubercharts, the charting API for Wicket, but it has some limitations in terms of what I want to do. So I want to use the official, complete Highcharts features in my Wicket web application. I studied the Highcharts/Highstock examples, but they all are embedded in HTML with JavaScript.

What I would like is to use the full power of Highcharts inside my Java code (Wicket) and generate the graph data dynamically from a database. Everything is Java/Wicket, and the graph colors will change depending on the values of the data.

So my two questions are:
1. Can I integrate Highcharts into my Wicket application easily without using an API such as Wicked-Charts?
2. Can I feed the graph data dynamically from a Derby database using Java methods?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jeremie
seba

Re: Research Project: Integrating Highcharts in Wicket Web A

On the website, third party developers prepared wrappers for Java, so maybe will be helful http://www.highcharts.com/download
Sebastian Bochan
Highcharts Developer
AlanCooper

I also interested in the question 2. Can I feed the graph data dynamically from a Derby database using Java methods? I'm working on a project mobile app development company and I would like to use Derby.
Fusher

It's not possible - Highcharts is written in Javascript and it's required to use Javascript (objects, function etc.) - you can use one of wrappers listed under download section (link posted by Sebastian).
Paweł Fus
Highcharts Developer
AnaIT

Re: Research Project: Integrating Highcharts in Wicket Web App

Hello, Jeremy!
I would like to ask how your reserach went and how you actually solved the two issues. Your answers will really help in my work in one of the projects connected with VR in aviation, but I need Highcharts a lot.
Thanks in advance,
Ana
rafalS

Re: Research Project: Integrating Highcharts in Wicket Web App

Hi, Ana!

We have a lot of users that are trying to position their websites so forgive me but I will remove your link.

What exactly do you need?

Kind regards
Rafal Sebestjanski,
Highcharts Team Lead

Return to “Highcharts Usage”