cmc

Problem Opening Charts

Hi there,

When I click on a chart in my library, it opens up the wrong chart. It is happening with most charts and in all browsers. But then, if I go to the Publish tab, it is the right inject code etc for the one I originally wanted to open...

See the screen grabs attached for a better idea of what I am talking about.
Attachments
It opens to this - a different chart
It opens to this - a different chart
2.png (101.5 KiB) Viewed 3557 times
When I click on this thumbnail in the library....
When I click on this thumbnail in the library....
1.png (83 KiB) Viewed 3557 times
daniel_s

Re: Problem Opening Charts

hi cmc,

Welcome on our forum.
Could you provide me with more details about this case? I need to have the direct link to the chart (URL), and please make sure that your chart privileges are set to public. Then I would be able to debug it by myself.

Best regards!
Daniel Studencki,
Highcharts Developer
cmc

Sure, the public link for the chart is:
https://cloud.highcharts.com/show/H1BuuRy1Q

Weirdly, if I use the embed code and embed it in my website, it displays correctly.

But what its displaying is a different chart.

You can see from the thumbnail attached it's not the same chart (line is different, and at the bottom should say "participants" not courses..

There are more extreme examples -- it is happening on almost all of my charts right now.
Attachments
This is what the public link shows
This is what the public link shows
Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 9.29.20 am.png (180.22 KiB) Viewed 3546 times
This is what the thumbnail I click on to be able to edit looks like (note "participants" in the legend)
This is what the thumbnail I click on to be able to edit looks like (note "participants" in the legend)
Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 9.26.43 am.png (65.8 KiB) Viewed 3546 times
cmc

Two more attachments -

1. how it looks when I click on the chart form the library to try and edit it (wrong chart!)
2. how it looks embedded in my webpage (right chart!)

Note that this is happening to a large majority of my charts at the moment, it is not restricted to this single chart I am using as an example.
Attachments
This is how it looks embedded in my post
This is how it looks embedded in my post
Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 9.30.29 am.png (100.91 KiB) Viewed 3545 times
This is what I get when I click to edit
This is what I get when I click to edit
Screen-Shot-2018-05-23-at-9.30.08-am.jpg (221.1 KiB) Viewed 3545 times
daniel_s

hi cmc,

Thank you for your more detailed description. That looks a bit strange and we need to take a closer look on that case, so could you give me the answer for two questions? Namely:

1) You have created those charts basing on the other charts (Fork from other chart, and update its data) or all those chart are created from 'blank' one?
2) How many charts have you saved on your account (aproximately)

Best regards!
Daniel Studencki,
Highcharts Developer
cmc

HI

Yes, they are duplicates of a previous chart with updated data.
I have approx 150 charts in my account going back about a year and a half. I have never had this problem before the past week.
daniel_s

hi cmc,

Thank you for your information. We're now analyzing your issue, and I will let you know about the progress of your case within a few days.

Best regards!
Daniel Studencki,
Highcharts Developer
cmc

Hi there,

Any closer to a solution on this one?
daniel_s

hi cmc,

We are working on your issue, and we need to know how many charts are duplicated (built basing on the previous ones)?
I'm aware that could be problematic to specify which one is duplicated, but the fix would be much easier to prepare when you will provide us with those information.

Best regards!
Daniel Studencki,
Highcharts Developer
cmc

HI Daniel,

To be honest I can't remember which are duplicates and which aren't. I really need a solution for this because I am about to hit a deadline.

If you think the problem is the duplicates, would it be rectified by re-making the charts I specifically need to publish in the next couple of days?
daniel_s

hi cmc,
If you think the problem is the duplicates, would it be rectified by re-making the charts I specifically need to publish in the next couple of days?
Yes, it sounds like the best way out of that. We know what is the source of the problem but in order to repair existing thumbnails, we need to know (as I said before) which charts are duplicates. Without that, it makes the issue problematic to solve, so your proposal to get out of the situation looks like a simplest and fastest one.

Best regards!
Daniel Studencki,
Highcharts Developer
cmc

Well, my problem was a short term solution as I had a deadline - and not a long term one to solve the fact that this is happening across many of my charts.

If I tell you for sure that the particular ones I already screenshot and gave you are duplicates, this still needs investigating.
daniel_s

hi cmc,

Please try to do a few charts in the same way like before and check, whether the problem occurs. Please let me know about the result.

Best regards!
Daniel Studencki,
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highcharts Cloud”