bcom

Documentation Error on Xaxis label styling

The docs say that the default font styling on the Xaxis labels is :'10px bold "Lucida Grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode",Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif'

I'm pretty sure this isn't correct as when I actually set that exact value, I get different results than the default. It's not so obvious (but still different) in safari, but glaringly obvious in ie8. See attached photos.

Oh, apparently I can only attach 3 photos, but the ie8 ones are the ones that really show this anyway
Attachments
safari with X-axis font label style set to 10px bold "Lucida Grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode",Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif'
safari with X-axis font label style set to 10px bold "Lucida Grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode",Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif'
safari fontSet.png (6.09 KiB) Viewed 2546 times
ie8 with default font label style for Xaxis
ie8 with default font label style for Xaxis
ie8 noFont.png (10.29 KiB) Viewed 2547 times
ie8 with X-axis font label style set to 10px bold "Lucida Grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode",Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif'
ie8 with X-axis font label style set to 10px bold "Lucida Grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode",Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif'
ie8 fontSet.png (7.94 KiB) Viewed 2548 times
bcom

Re: Documentation Error on Xaxis label styling

I also forgot the mention that, if you're sticking to the CSS standard for Font definition, then the 'default' you say you've used is wrong. The order should be:

Code: Select all

'bold 10px "Lucida Grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode",Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif'
not

Code: Select all

'10px bold "Lucida Grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode",Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif'
torstein.honsi
Site Admin

Re: Documentation Error on Xaxis label styling

Thanks for pointing this out. IE8 has a VML bug that makes all text bold and italic, so I don't really understand how you made the text appear equal in IE8 and Safari. Can we see your page live? Also, by defining 10px first, Firefox shows the wrong font, while defining 'bold' first makes IE8 display the wrong size. We'll look closer into this.
Torstein Hønsi
CTO, Founder
Highsoft

Return to “Highcharts Usage”