Jaquelline

Variablepie - point radius calculation

Hi...

I am trying to use type: 'variablepie'

My target : Image

The problem is that:

- my data is composed of values that are very close to one another .... from 5 -6 max. And my graphic looks DRAMATIC :)) even thou is only a matter of 0.01/ 03/ 12, etc... Image
SunBurst_Red_2.png
SunBurst_Red_2.png (36.26 KiB) Viewed 315 times
So ... my question is: Which is the logic behind the display? How the 'z' value it is set to be displayed in regard to the other values ... How can I alter it so that I achieve a more smoother graph?

Because I was trying to multiply each value with the same number (x 30) so that the difference will not be so significant, related to the value itself.
Like this:
8.68 -> 260.4
8.66 -> 259.8
8.93 -> 267.9

But it has no effect.... I try this because I have practicing it on the arearange too, and it worked as expected...but here ... I believe I miss out something...

Kind Regards,
Jacquelline
Attachments
g889.png
g889.png (185.23 KiB) Viewed 315 times
rafalS

Re: Variablepie - point radius calculation

Hi, Jacquelline!

It is hard to say anything without an online demo and code. For this moment only 2 things come to my mind:

1) Have you tried to play with zMin property? https://api.highcharts.com/highcharts/s ... lepie.zMin

2) Instead of increasing your values 30 times maybe try to decrease them? For example, if you multiply them 30 times, then proportion will be the same. But if you subtract, let's say 8, the difference between them will be bigger.
8.68 -> 0.68
8.66 -> 0.66
8.93 -> 0.93

Try to test it on a simple example: https://jsfiddle.net/BlackLabel/dke9p5bw/

Best regards!
Rafal Sebestjanski,
Highcharts Team Lead
Jaquelline

Re: Variablepie - point radius calculation

Thank you very much!

In the end I believe it is only a matter of finding the proper balance between the values of:

'zMin' and 'innerSize' -- but I am not sure how things will change when my values will be different....

Kind Regards,

Jaquelline

Return to “Highcharts Usage”