Aize

How to display viewData option in a modal?

Hello,
I'm working with HighStock and with export-module enabled. There is a menu item to view the data table with the option "viewData".
It displays correctly the datatable but no way to "hide" the table. So, I thought I could make a modal window which appear by clicking on the export option "View data table" and that display the data table in it.
I know how to create a custom option and display the data table, but I can't find a way to change the value of renderTo for the viewData so I can display it in a div I created in the modal.

Any help will be usefull.

Regards,
Attachments
viewData.png
viewData.png (6.15 KiB) Viewed 3333 times
rafalS

Re: How to display viewData option in a modal?

Hi, Aize!

Before I answer your specific question - is not that what you've been looking for?

https://jsfiddle.net/BlackLabel/5tLojrhb/

Best regards!
Rafal Sebestjanski,
Highcharts Team Lead
Aize

Hi Rafal many thinks for you reply.

In your example, it's not enough because I have many charts on the same page. I want to control the "view data table" to limit append impact to other charts by opening a dedicated modal. If you can help on it :)
rafalS

Aize,

I still don't understand what exactly you want to achieve. Could you visualize this or send me a simplified jsFiddle demo with your charts so I can work on the specific situation?

Best regards!
Rafal Sebestjanski,
Highcharts Team Lead
lorikay4

rafalS, Aize is saying they want the following to happen: when a user clicks to make the datatable visible, the datatable appears inside a modal box, rather than being rendered inline into the page. And the modal box should have a closing button, so that it can be closed without the user having to refresh the page to make the datatable go away.
rafalS

Hi,

Welcome to our forum and thanks for explaining! Now I get it and it makes a sense.

Unfortunately, our export-data.js module provides only the main HTML table structure with data - styling it and displaying differently from the current behavior is on the user's side.

I can tell you where can you get the HTML table with data from, but if you want to create a separate modal window, you need to write it from scratch. Of course, you can also simply create a button that will close the modal.

If you think that it should be included in Highcharts code, please create a ticket on our UserVoice channel - we will implement this if it gets enough votes.
https://highcharts.uservoice.com

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards!
Rafal Sebestjanski,
Highcharts Team Lead

Return to “Highcharts Usage”