Jann

Performance Problem -> datetime on xAxis

Hello,

I have a chart with several yAxis. The chart got about 30 line graphs. All shown the temperature (yAxis) on a datetime xAxis.
The chart shows about 32 hours. The data is stored in a db(mssql) and will be written all 10 seconds with new data. It is possible, that this writing process to the db stuck. This gaps should be visible on the Chart.

When I set the data on the chart with datetime/value pairs. Everything looks fine. The gaps will be visible.
But it will take about 18 seconds to render the whole chart and I got 30 times the time value. ( I need this just once)

When I remove the data pair to single value (only the temperature) , set this as data on the series and set the following options on the series to build up the xAxis with time values :
pointInterval: 10000,
pointStart: Date.UTC(2014, 6, 5, 0, 0, 0, 0),

the chart is rendering in 3 seconds. Great, but I can see gaps (if exists) in the chart anymore.

I also tried to build up the xAxis with the category options. But I can see the gaps, which is quite important!!

What else can I do ? Why can't I set the XAxis as array like the data on the series?
KacperMadej

Re: Performance Problem -> datetime on xAxis

You could push null data in case db is not responding - they will represent the gap.
Simple example: http://jsfiddle.net/yebfck42/1/
Kacper Madej
Highcharts Developer
Jann

It not possible to set "null" in the db. The data come from a SPS system connected to furnace. I can't manipulate the data.
KacperMadej

To avoid duplication please continue on newer topic - http://forum.highcharts.com/highstock-u ... is-t32545/
Kacper Madej
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highcharts Usage”