JohnMore

[BUG] Issue with Highcharts, IE and Surface

Currently seeing an issue with the Highcharts package and the MS Surface while running through IE.

Essentially the drilldown does NOT respond to clicks via the touch surface. This works correctly when using Chrome, or a mouse instead of the touch surface.

This is reproducible in the Column with Drilldown demo.

Steps:
1) Open http://www.highcharts.com/demo/column-drilldown in IE on the MS Surface
2) Click on one of the columns using the touch screen (say Chrome).

Results:
Only shows hover

Expected:
To drilldown into that selection.
KacperMadej

Re: [BUG] Issue with Highcharts, IE and Surface

Your problem will be passed on to the second line of support.
Kacper Madej
Highcharts Developer
torstein.honsi
Site Admin

I tested this on my Surface but it works as intended. Running IE10. What version are you running.
Torstein Hønsi
CTO, Founder
Highsoft
cwitty

I am also having a few issues with IE 11 on a Microsoft Surface and i'm using the the latest highstock 2.1.4.

- The first is related to when I touch a data point and I get the error "Object doesn't support property or method ''onContainerTouchEnd". Looking at the source on line 9887, is the only occurrence of this method name, am I missing an additional library?

- The second error I see is when I try to pinch zoom, i'm getting the error "Object doesn't support property or method ''attr"
Not sure why its throwing an error, it appears to be line 9803 of the source.

Thanks for your help on this.
cwitty

Looks like 2.1.5 fixed the first error when a user clicked on a data point on MS surface . The other error I was facing "Object doesn't support property or method ''attr", still seems to be present on 2.1.5 for a Microsoft Surface running IE11 when a user trys to zoom on a chart. I have also tested this on the demo page "http://www.highcharts.com/demo/line-time-series" and the error occurs as well.
jgoodgive

I am having similar issues with highcharts 4.1.5. The problem is that IE11 isnt using the touch events used by chromium browsers but pointerdown/up etc. Highcharts isnt using that and hence it is listeing to the click event on a touch device which will trigger 0.3 s after the mouse down (if released before) which is after the mouse out event is triggered which in turn sets the chart.hoverPoint to null. The onContainerClick function checks if there is a hoverpoint before triggering a click on that point (makes sence) but that also makes it difficult to click on a specific point using ms touch devices.

a dirty fix is to always save the hoverPoint when it is set in the mouseover listener and then change the onContainerClick function to use that saved hover point when doing its things. It works but you still get the 0.3s lag.

A better solution should be to support real ms pointer events (which if I am not remembering things wrong infact the standard spec).

Return to “Highcharts Usage”