darrank

Help with basic copy and paste problem!

Hi there,
I'm new to all this and have to say that I am very impressed with the editor function... it's making my life so much easier!
I've just created my first ever gallery, and have completed the upload of the files to my site through your automatic method... no problems there.
However, it's the simple bit I can't do! Steps 2 and 3 require copying and pasting some code into my website, which would be fine, except I can't seem to work out how to select the text that I need! I've tried left-clicking, right clicking, selecting all, but nothing selects the text in either of the boxes!!!
HELP! What am I missing?!?!?!
RoadRash

Re: Help with basic copy and paste problem!

Hi,

Place the cursor in front of the text you want to copy. Press down the left mouse button and keep it down while you mark the text you want to copy. Release the mouse button at the end of the text. Use Ctrl+C to copy the marked text (or right-click and chose Copy).
See screenshot video: http://screencast.com/t/MKbatuzPVZ
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

Overview of my Highslide sample pages: RoadRash.no
darrank

lol, thanks, but that's the problem, the text doesn't select in the 'normal' way... seems to be a problem with the way the text box 'pops up' which means I can't select the text... Might try a reboot of the system, but could it be a security setting in the browser?
RoadRash

I tested right now in Firefox (Mac & Vista), Safari (Mac & Vista), Google Chrome (Mac & Vista), Opera (Mac & Vista), IE 7 & 8 (Vista) ÔÇô I could mark & copy the text in all browsers (all my browsers have normal security settings).
I think you should try a reboot of your system.
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

Overview of my Highslide sample pages: RoadRash.no

Return to “Highslide Editor”