orangeluckypierre

is the editor different when licence is purchased

Hello,

I've just discovered and started playing with highslide and think it's fantastic! I've looked around the forum and searched for answers but not found what I'm looking for.

I'm more than happy to purchase highslide and have many years web development under my belt, but I want to use it to create and maintain an artist portfolio site for a friend who isn't computer literate. I want to have 5 seperate galleries on my site (each a seperate html page on my website and each with it's own folder for the images) so one page for paintings, one for drawings etc.. Can I manage and maintain these pages seperately using the editor? As far as I can see I can only create one gallery and upload to the one html page? I am looking for this ability for a friend so they can maintain the site themselves without having to ask me to upload new pictures all the time. I'll set everything up on their computer and ftp access, highslide on the server etc. then it's up to them to update the site.

Does purchasing the licence allow me to maintain seperate galleries in this way?

Hope you understand what I'm going on about, your help greatly appreciated
Orangeluckypierre
orangeluckypierre

Re: is the editor different when licence is purchased

I've just found a thread telling me what I need to know. I won't be able to maintain multiple galleries using the editor. This is not a problem for me but it's too complicated for the friend of mine to manage.

I know it's a bit cheeky but do you know of any products that will provide the upload/management interface I'm after?

Many Thanks
Orangeluckypierre
RoadRash

Hi,

Jalbum with the Matrix skin can probably be a good alternative for your friend.
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

Overview of my Highslide sample pages: RoadRash.no
orangeluckypierre

Thanks RoadRash,

I'd discovered jalbum in another thread. There is a highslide JS skin but it has a glitch when using the forward button. I'll check out Matrix Skin and get moving. I'm glad I can still use the Highslide JS interface.

Many Thanks, you Rock!
Orangeluckypierre

Return to “Highslide Editor”