artisartsy

downloading editor, getting started, checking posts

Hi, I attempted to download using visual editor method. everything seemed to unzip fine to my ftp server.
I don't know how to check to see if the files are there- not sure how to access those files- do I do it via my web-hosting company?

I also copied and pasted the code onto the html page, following instructions- this went well.

I insterted some of my image files to see if it was working, but it doesn't seem to be working at all. the images are there, but it looks nothing like the highslide editor.

am I missing something?
RoadRash

Re: downloading editor, getting started, checking posts

Hi,
Yes, you are probably missing something, but itÔÇÖs hard to tell what you are missing without seeing your live page. Can we please see your live page?
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

Overview of my Highslide sample pages: RoadRash.no
artisartsy

Hi, I resolved the issue of accessing the highslide editor zip files on my ftp server. I just typed in my ftp address and I was able to see all those files!

In dreamweaver, I can view the highslide files on my remote server.........but still this page doesn't seem to work........

http://eisenfeld.com/catalog-pages/cata ... test.shtml
Last edited by artisartsy on Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RoadRash

artisartsy wrote:Couldn't I just save those files directly into my local root folder on my hard drive? isn't this the goal?
once they are on my local root folder, then I can just 'put' them into the remote server using dreamweaver..........think this will work?
Yes, I absolutely think this will work. Unzip the zip file from the Editor and put the highslide folder in the root of your web site and use Dreamweaver to put the highslide folder in the root of your remote server.
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

artisartsy

hi, OK, the files are now on my remote server - do they need to be on my local root folder too? don't see why this is necessary.......

anyhoo, page (see previous post) still does not function correctly.........
RoadRash

Highslide doesnÔÇÖt work since your page isnÔÇÖt in the root of your server. You need to correct the paths for the js and CSS files, and for the images and the thumbnails in the gallery.
An alternative to correct the paths, is to put the highslide folder inside the catalog-pages folder instead of in the root.
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

artisartsy

it worked!! this is AWESOME!!!! 8)

I originally found you by looking at the source codes on this website: http://www.sarahamosstudio.com/paintings.html

this is really the product I am looking for. Do you support/ offer this product?

I attempted to download the scripts by cutting and pasting the js file (the link I found in the source code on the page above) and making a new js file.

Then, I went back into the "sarah amos" html page and copied the js code that I found in between the <head> s, and the <body> codes. the result is my own attempt, which can be seen here:

http://eisenfeld.com/catalog-pages/cata ... test.shtml

but I'm missing something. perhaps it is the paths issue again?
RoadRash

That thumbnail viewer isnÔÇÖt a Highslide product. If you take a look at the text youÔÇÖve pasted in the head, you can see that the script comes from Dynamic Drive.
We do not offer support for other scripts than Highslide.
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

artisartsy

you are correct. I appreciate your help. Your products and services are superb!

Candice

Return to “Highslide Editor”