barbb

Suggested feature: Path to HS

Hi, you guys.

I'm trying out the Editor for the first time on a non-client site (a page of my own home building photos). So far it looks like it may save me some time over just copying and pasting code from other places I've used it.

When I set up HS, I put the HS folder in the root of the site, but very often the page with the photos/gallery is in a subdirectory. Therefore, I change my HS CSS file as soon as I get an upgrade to show /highslide/graphics etc. instead of highslide/graphics and these calls or links to
<script type="text/javascript" src="/highslide/highslide-with-gallery.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/highslide/highslide.config.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/highslide/highslide.css" />

so that HS always looks to the root, no matter where the html pages are located.

In the Editor, there is no option for setting the path. For my "test case" I can either move the folders around until the relative paths are correct or use a global search and replace in DW to adjust the path. But in the long haul, it would be convenient to be able to do this before the code is generated by the Editor so it is ready to go.

I think the Editor is mainly meant for non-webmasters, and they should not be messing with the paths. But maybe there could be an Advanced button in the Editor to allow this, with a warning that newbies should not change that setting.

Just a suggestion. Thanks for all the hard work!

Barb
torstein.honsi
Site Admin

Re: Suggested feature: Path to HS

Thanks for the suggestion! It has struck my mind that this would be a useful option for experienced users. It requires that the directory structure of the zip file be reorganized, so I can't just add it as a quick fix. I'll file it as a feature request.
Torstein Hønsi
CTO, Founder
Highsoft

Return to “Highslide Editor”