uniquewebdesigns

Editor not loading images...HELP!!

having a problem loading images into the editor. I am getting a "failed to write file to disk" error in the message box of the image upload box. why is this happening??

thanks!!
RoadRash

Re: Editor not loading images...HELP!!

Hi,

I tried uploading images in the Editor now, and I didnÔÇÖt get any error message. I used Firefox 3.6.
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

Overview of my Highslide sample pages: RoadRash.no
uniquewebdesigns

:D Thanks, ill try that now.

good old IE :evil:
uniquewebdesigns

It seems to be my PC...i tried another PC and it works on IE and FireFox. Thanks for your help!
uniquewebdesigns

The test on the other machine was a small file so once i tried a larger file its too failed to write to disk...i did reboot...it seems not to want to load large file sizes...i tried a .jpg size 723050 and it fails...i tried a .jpg size 8477 and it loads...also .png size 2677 and loads fine....this is tru on both machines...i think the server is rejecting large size files...can you try a .jpg from IE 8.0 that is near 720000...this is for one of my clients web pages and i can not update his inventory...i paid the fee when i first signed up for highslide so i hope thats not this issue here....i am also sending this to the highslide admin for his input....thanks again!
uniquewebdesigns

I have tried a third PC which is a laptop and outside my domain...direct connection to the internet...exact same thing is happening...smaller file load while larger files will not...this laptop has none of the same software as my production machine...all these issues started today...highslide was working fine last week and no changes have been made to the machine since....i love this software and would like to keep using but i need to get to the bottom of this or my client will tell me to take a hike. :cry:
RoadRash

ThereÔÇÖs probably a limitation for how large images you can upload to the Editor. Try reducing the size of the file before you upload the image.
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

Overview of my Highslide sample pages: RoadRash.no
uniquewebdesigns

I reduced the size in photoshop and file loads...this is uneceptable it worked last week and now it doesnt. why hasn't the admin jumped in here...i pm'd him too with no responce...i need to find out y this is happening, if i need to pay more im willing to discuss that just to make it work!
torstein.honsi
Site Admin

There's an upload size limit on the webserver - I'm not sure exactly where it goes, but since it seems to be variable, it may very well be that the execution time on the image rescaling operation is the limiting factor, not the upload size itself.

I'll add a note in the Editor that we can't guarantee that large files will work.
Torstein Hønsi
CTO, Founder
Highsoft

Return to “Highslide Editor”