johnsimpson

Drop shadow adjustment

Hi .. just come across Highslide and looking to use it on our site. Sonmething I just can't understand - in the editor I can adjust the drop shadow properties (to give a deeper, softer shadow) but for the life of me, I can't find how to translate that change in my manual installation. I've looked in both the CSS and the js, but just can't see which parameters to change. Or is it simply a matter of changing the actual png? Any help appreciated. Kind regards.
johnsimpson

Re: Drop shadow adjustment

OK, they say that answering your own forum post is the first step to insanity. But hey!

OK, I get it a little more now. So, the editor creates a whole new set up in a zip file. Which I'm guessing includes a new png with 'softer' shadow, which I could swap????? But looking in Pshop at the new and orginal pngs, I can't see any difference.

OK< I still need help! :cry:
RoadRash

Insanity is no problem here! :wink:

In the outlines folder from the zip file from the Edior you will find a file named custom.png. This file is your new custom outline graphic.
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

Overview of my Highslide sample pages: RoadRash.no
johnsimpson

Hi Roadrash and many thanks for the prompt reply. I spotted custom.png in the zip and copied it over onto the server in the /graphics/outlines folder, and also copied over the highslide-with-html.js (I'm doing an iFrame) and also the new highslide.css just for good measure. I thought that maybe if custom.png is in the folder, the js auto adjusts for it??? Result, ziltch, still the same drop shadow. I'm sure it's me doing something stupid, but my head is starting to hurt :oops:
RoadRash

Somewhere in your coding you should have a line starting with hs.outlineType ÔÇô either in a script tag between the head tags or in a highslide.config.js file. For using the custom.png graphic as outline, the hs.outlineType line must look like this:

Code: Select all

hs.outlineType = 'custom';
So for changing outline you need to use the file name of the graphic outline file without the file extension.
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

johnsimpson

WooooooHooooooo!! Many thanks Roadrash X
RoadRash

You're welcome! :)
Hilde
Highslide Support Team