Jan B

off line editor?

hi, thanks for this great and beautiful diy gallery!!
Is there a way to use the editor off line?
I think its a bit illogical to upload first, and then download the images.
RoadRash

Re: off line editor?

No, the Editor canÔÇÖt be used offline.
You can avoid uploading/downloading the images by making your galleries without using the Editor. Use the example galleries from the zip package at the download page as templates.
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

Overview of my Highslide sample pages: RoadRash.no
Jan B

Thanks RoadRash!
I did this trick with the editor: I downloaded the generated gallery from the editor whitin the images and edit it off line.
Whit my little kwnowledge of programming I can better customize my gallery in the editor.
But there where two (for me) strange things:
- the images in my generated gallery are too much sharpened compared with the original.
- In my off line gallery the beautiful shadow border under the large images disappeared

are that known issues?

Thanks in advantage,
Jan
RoadRash

Hi Jan,
Jan B wrote: - the images in my generated gallery are too much sharpened compared with the original.
I havenÔÇÖt noticed this. I will pass your question on to Torstein (the author of Highslide)
Jan B wrote:- In my off line gallery the beautiful shadow border under the large images disappeared
The only reason I can see for this is either that the images opens in the browser window instead of in the Highslide popup, or hs.outlineType is set to null inside the highslide.config.js file. We can help you debugging if you upload your gallery to a server so we can see it live.
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

Overview of my Highslide sample pages: RoadRash.no
torstein.honsi
Site Admin

- the images in my generated gallery are too much sharpened compared with the original.
As the images are downsized, an unsharp mask algorithm is applied to them. Personally I think the sharpening is applied moderately. Without sharpening the downsized images will look blurry.
Torstein Hønsi
CTO, Founder
Highsoft

Return to “Highslide Editor”