C.R.

Problems with Internet Explorer

Hi guys!
First of all let me say.. many thanks for creating such a useful tool.

Second.. I'm having trouble with the thumbnail bar.
I'ved tested it on Firefox 3.5, Google Chrome 3 and on Internet Explorer 8.
The problem is that when viewing pictures through I.E. the thumbnail bar doesn't appear, it extends the "page" vertical and horizontaly making the internet explorer's scrollbars appear and the loading symbol doesn't show either.
On Google Chrome and Firefox everything works fine.

I'ved tried to solve the problem but with no sucess.

Can you help me, please?
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by C.R. on Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RoadRash

Re: Problems with Internet Explorer

Hi,

I canÔÇÖt load your page. Sometimes it loads partly, but it stops in IE8 because of a javascript error (not Highslide).
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

Overview of my Highslide sample pages: RoadRash.no
C.R.

That's strange, i just tested the link in my computer (Windows XP and IE8) and with other two computers (one also with the same configuration and the other with Windows Vista and IE8).. and it works just fine.

Editing just to add.. a friend of mine just tested the link on her computer at work and it worked. And i tested the highslide with Internet Explorer 6.. and the thumbnail appears just fine... i'm getting really confused.

Does any of this make sense?? :?
RoadRash

Hi,

Your page works today without any javascript errors.

I tested the settings in your highslide.config.js file, and it shows correct in IE8. See test page: http://www.roadrash.no/hs-support/examp ... t-ie8.html
It might be a CSS issue. Try removing all styles (not Highslide styles) for the page and see how it looks in IE8. If it looks as it should, try adding back the styles one by one to see when/where it breaks.

BTW ÔÇô you can simplify the code in your highslide.config.js file. Instead of 8 addSlideshow codes you can use only one, and add all the slideshowGroups in the same line ÔÇô like this:

Code: Select all

// Add the slideshow controller
hs.addSlideshow({
	slideshowGroup: ['group1', 'group2', 'group3', 'group4', 'group5', 'group6', 'group7', 'group8'],
	interval: 5000,
	repeat: true,
	useControls: true,
	fixedControls: 'fit',
	overlayOptions: {
		className: 'large-dark',
		opacity: '0.70',
		position: 'bottom center',
		offsetX: '0',
		offsetY: '-10',
		hideOnMouseOut: true
	},
	thumbstrip: {
		mode: 'horizontal',
		position: 'bottom center',
		relativeTo: 'viewport'
	}

});
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

C.R.

RoadRash wrote:Hi,

It might be a CSS issue. Try removing all styles (not Highslide styles) for the page and see how it looks in IE8. If it looks as it should, try adding back the styles one by one to see when/where it breaks.
Thanks RoadRash.
I'ved done what you suggested but that didn't work.. then i started thinking.. if the thumbstrip appears when browsing with I.E.6, that's because it's using the CSS highslide-ie6. What if i told him that that CSS is to be used with browsers later than I.E.9 (it doesn't exist i know)... so i tried to trick it to use the CSS... and it worked!.. well, in part.. cause the marker, the loading symbol, and i supose the thumstrip scroll icons are still missing (but then they didn't show on I.E.6 either), but apart from that everything else works fine and the thumbstrip showed up!..

Now i have a question that came up when checking the entire site..

I want the image that tricks the HS slideshow to appear, to be diferent from the first image on the thumbnail.. if you know what i mean.
Last edited by C.R. on Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RoadRash

Hi,

I just discovered what causing the thumbstrip problems in IE8: You need to use the same DOCTYPE as in the barebones sample page - http://www.highslide.com/examples/galle ... strip.html
When you have changed the DOCTYPE, you can add back lt IE 7 to the highslide-ie6.css file.

<!--[if lt IE 7]> 
Thumbnail/first image issue:
Use the method in this FAQ: How do I open a gallery from a link
This FAQ explains how to avoid a text link appearing in the galleries thumbstrip. Since you want to use a thumb as link for the gallery, you need to replace the text link with your thumb.
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

C.R.

Thanks a million, RoadRash!
It worked.

But know 2 problems came up...
1- in the previous page i have a link "Português", on the top right side near the gray bar.. that was supposed to appear without the underline (you can check the code). Now with the change of DOCTYPE, the link gets underlined. I'ved tried everything that comes up to mind and can't get rid of the bloody thing!
2- the tip for the thumb image worked fine, but how can i get the popup to start from the thumb, like the other thumbs do?

Again, many thanks for your help and patience.
RoadRash

1- underlined link
You have this:

<a href="../PT/port-des.htm"><font style="font-size:16px;text-decoration:none" color="#D1D1D1" face="Kartika">Português</font></a>
Try this:

<a style="font-size: 16px; text-decoration: none; color: #D1D1D1; font-family: Kartika" href="../PT/port-des.htm">Português</a>
2 - Since the id for the opening thumb is changed, you need to update the thumbnailId for var config2.
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

C.R.

DAHHH!!!.. of course!!!.. :oops: :oops:
When i read you post i just wanted to slap myself!.. that's such a stupid lapse that one doesn't remember at the time. :roll:

Now everything works great.

Again, thanks for your help!
RoadRash

You're welcome! :)
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

C.R.

:oops: :oops: :oops:
Sorry to annoy you again..

I was so pleased with Highslide that i'ved decided to replace an older gallery with one using Highslide. But in the process i'ved probably changed something unintentionally, and now when the popup appears it leaves a bar at the top unfilled.. like something is there and pushing the popup down. :|
You can see what happens accessing the links i posted earlier.
I'ved been trying for hours to discover the problem, but can't figure it out!.. maybe your trained eyes can find the problem faster and better.
I think that's something with the Highslide files, because i didn't changed anything in the pages that i posted before, and the problem affected them to.

Thanks for any help provided.
RoadRash

IÔÇÖve tried both your links, but I canÔÇÖt see any unfilled bar at the top. IÔÇÖve tested in several browsers. Did you try empty the cache?
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

C.R.

:? It seems that those pages are only afected when we first visualize the new galleries that i've created for the new pages.

I'ved emptied the cache and temporary files.. and the problem remains.. tried on I.E. and Firefox (it happens on both). :?
Last edited by C.R. on Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RoadRash

I can see it in the new link you posted.
IÔÇÖm not sure if it will help, but you can try upgrading to the latest Highslide version (4.1.7).
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

torstein.honsi
Site Admin

IÔÇÖm not sure if it will help, but you can try upgrading to the latest Highslide version (4.1.7).
That will probably fix it. In 4.1.7 the dimmer is positioned in the same way as the .highslide-viewport div, which is correctly positioned in your site.
Torstein Hønsi
CTO, Founder
Highsoft

Return to “Highslide Editor”