jsdummyfornow

Thumb generation

Hi. I'm having a ball playing with the manual function but the first slideshow I set up was with the editor. I noticed the missing first thumb issue too, but thought it was supposed to be that way; didn't like it and went to the manual side of the fence. Since it was a bug, and is now fixed, I'm going to try out the editor again but my question is: Highslide seems to generate a thumb on its own; can you use your own thumbnails, sized in advance, instead?

Re: Thumb generation

You canÔÇÖt upload both thumbs and large images, but you can replace the thumbs made by the editor with your own thumbs after you downloaded the zip archive. Remember to give your thumbs the same name as the one made by the editor.
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

Overview of my Highslide sample pages: RoadRash.no
jsdummyfornow

RoadRash wrote:You canÔÇÖt upload both thumbs and large images, but you can replace the thumbs made by the editor with your own thumbs after you downloaded the zip archive. Remember to give your thumbs the same name as the one made by the editor.
Thanks. I know there are no dumb questions, so:

How can I change the color of the background of the expanded window from white here: http://www.some-nonexistent-domain.com/ ... /4gals.htm

and how can I change the actual duration of the images that are being displayed? And, of course, the width of the expanded window...

Change background color:
Change the background color for this part of the highslide.css file:

Code: Select all

.highslide-wrapper, .highslide-outline {
	background: white;
}
When you have changed the color you will see a white ÔÇ£borderÔÇØ around the popup. This is the outline graphic. There are 6 pre-made outlines in the downloaded zip archive: rounded-white, rounded-black, glossy-dark, drop-shadow, beveled and outer-glow. If none of them fit your color scheme, you can make a custom outline in the Editor. Go to the Style tab and open Border and outline under Popup styles. Play with the settings for Graphic outline and Graphic outline effects. (Open an image to see the results.) When you are finished making your outline you need to download the zip archive under the Publish button. Unzip and go to highslide/graphics/outlines and find the custom.png file. This is your new outline. Copy and paste it into the outlines folder in your web site, and change hs.outlineType between your head tags from 'rounded-white' to 'custom'.

Duration of the displayed images:

Change the amount of millisecond for interval in the addSlideshow part between your head tags:

// Add the slideshow controller
hs.addSlideshow({
	//slideshowGroup: 'group1',
	interval: 4000,
Width of popup:
When useBox is set to true, the size of the popup is controlled by this part between your head tags:

hs.width = 600;
hs.height = 400;
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

jsdummyfornow

RoadRash wrote:Change background color:
Change the background color for this part of the highslide.css file:

.highslide-wrapper, .highslide-outline {
	background: white;
}
When you have changed the color you will see a white ÔÇ£borderÔÇØ around the popup. This is the outline graphic. There are 6 pre-made outlines in the downloaded zip archive: rounded-white, rounded-black, glossy-dark, drop-shadow, beveled and outer-glow. If none of them fit your color scheme, you can make a custom outline in the Editor. Go to the Style tab and open Border and outline under Popup styles. Play with the settings for Graphic outline and Graphic outline effects. (Open an image to see the results.) When you are finished making your outline you need to download the zip archive under the Publish button. Unzip and go to highslide/graphics/outlines and find the custom.png file. This is your new outline. Copy and paste it into the outlines folder in your web site, and change hs.outlineType between your head tags from 'rounded-white' to 'custom'.

I could probably open the .png file in photoshop or fireworks and enhance it there, couldn't I?

Duration of the displayed images:
Change the amount of millisecond for interval in the addSlideshow part between your head tags:

// Add the slideshow controller
hs.addSlideshow({
	//slideshowGroup: 'group1',
	interval: 4000,
Width of popup:
When useBox is set to true, the size of the popup is controlled by this part between your head tags:

hs.width = 600;
hs.height = 400;
Thanks for all the help.

jsdummyfornow wrote:I could probably open the .png file in photoshop or fireworks and enhance it there, couldn't I?
Yes, you can.
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

torstein.honsi
Site Admin

Wait a minute, all this can be much easier done using the Editor! No coding required.
How can I change the color of the background of the expanded window from white here: http://www.some-nonexistent-domain.com/ ... /4gals.htm
Go to Style => Popup styles and choose the background color for the popup itself, then for the graphic outline and the CSS border.
how can I change the actual duration of the images that are being displayed?
Gallery => Behaviour => Advanced => Image Interval (ms).
And, of course, the width of the expanded window...
Behaviour => Advanced align => Constraining box => Width
Torstein Hønsi
CTO, Founder
Highsoft
jsdummyfornow

Thanks for all the help: I've been busy putting out fires on a few websites and haven't been able to struggle with my slideshows for a while. Hopefully I'll be back to struggling soon, and as soon as I implement a slideshow into someone's website I'm gonna plunk down the unlimited license money 'cause I feel very secure that you guys will be there for me when (not if) I need you!

admin wrote:Wait a minute, all this can be much easier done using the Editor! No coding required.
Go to Style => Popup styles and choose the background color for the popup itself, then for the graphic outline and the CSS border.
Yes, but I already have the page built. Which of the referenced pages contains that info so I can change it?
how can I change the actual duration of the images that are being displayed?
Gallery => Behaviour => Advanced => Image Interval (ms).
Same question here -- I haven't seen anything that reads "image interval" in the .css or the .js sheets?
And, of course, the width of the expanded window...
Behaviour => Advanced align => Constraining box => Width
That's gotta be there somewhere!

What Torstein (Admin) meant was to start over in the Editor and do all the Highslide customizing there. All his explanations refer to where in the Editor you can change the different function/looks. You can then download a zip package from the Editor containing custom CSS file and custom config file with the settings you need for the look/feel you want for your gallery. The Edior is definitely the easies way to customize Highslide. You canÔÇÖt make several galleries in the same page with the Editor, but we will help you with that after youÔÇÖve set up a single gallery with the look/feel you want from the Editor. When using the Editor you donÔÇÖt have to search trough the CSS file finding the correct place to change colors and you donÔÇÖt have to understand the Highslide overrides for customizing the different functions.
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

jsdummyfornow

RoadRash wrote:What Torstein (Admin) meant was to start over in the Editor and do all the Highslide customizing there. All his explanations refer to where in the Editor you can change the different function/looks. You can then download a zip package from the Editor containing custom CSS file and custom config file with the settings you need for the look/feel you want for your gallery. The Edior is definitely the easies way to customize Highslide. You canÔÇÖt make several galleries in the same page with the Editor, but we will help you with that after youÔÇÖve set up a single gallery with the look/feel you want from the Editor. When using the Editor you donÔÇÖt have to search trough the CSS file finding the correct place to change colors and you donÔÇÖt have to understand the Highslide overrides for customizing the different functions.

Yes, but what if I want to?

jsdummyfornow wrote:Yes, but what if I want to?
Then you need to make yourself familiar with all the Highslide functions and the Highslide CSS. Everything can be adjusted and customized manually. Read the Highslide Tutorial and the Highslide reference pages, and study the Highslide CSS files.
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

Return to “Highslide Editor”