showmenights

EDITOR IS KILLING ME!!! HELP!

When i try to publish to a file on my site, for example, "public", i get a message that reads: "public does not exist on your server". Ever seen this before. If so, where am I going wrong. Ive even tried entering my website address (www.showmenights.com) into the "Upload Directory" box, and still get the same message: http://www.showmenights.com does not exist on your server. Ive been trying for a week to use Highslide and havent been able to upload anything. Another issue I've been having is: After creating my gallery , I clicked on publish, and elected to upload using the FTP option. I entered all requested information into the FTP and TESTED the connection to make sure I was Connected, Logged In and had chosen a valid Directory to upload to. But when I selected the PUBLISH button on the FTP (after waiting several minutes) I receive an error message that says: "Error: only 0 of 60 files were uploaded." Any help could be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bill
RoadRash

Re: EDITOR IS KILLING ME!!! HELP!

Hi Bill,

IÔÇÖve just tested the Highslide Editor, and the FTP function works. Did you try with a slash in front of public? When you tested the connection ÔÇô did you get any error messages? Using the web site address in the Upload Directory will not work.
If you are not able to use the EditorÔÇÖs FTP function, you can download the gallery in a zip archive and upload it to your server with your own FTP software.
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

Overview of my Highslide sample pages: RoadRash.no
showmenights

Hi there RR,

Thanks for your response. Tried it with a slash in front of the file name, but got the same response as I did w/o the slash. When uploading the files to the root directory, should I leave the files in the folders while uploading or should I upload all the files to the root directory? I'm thinking I should leave them in the folders, but the instructions seem to indicate that I should do the latter. Thanks again for your assistance.

-b
RoadRash

When you unzip the zip archive you will have a folder named highslide + highslide-custom-example.htm. Leave all the files inside the highslide folder as they are, and upload the folder + the HTML file.
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

showmenights

Ok, got the highslide folder and the highslide-custom-example file on my server. I followed steps 2 and 3 (copied html w/i <head> <head>; and <body> <body>) according to the instructions in the "publish" popup box. Not sure what suppose to happen next. Trying to get expanding thumbnail effect; don't see the thumbnail on page; however can see html in my preview page. I'm obviously missing a couple steps. Would appreciate if you could point me in the right direction. Thanks.

-b
RoadRash

I've answered your PM.
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

Return to “Highslide Editor”