LiSkynden

Thumbnail size in gallery

I would like to change the Thumbnail size in gallery and tried to edit the width and height in the highslide.css

Code: Select all

.highslide-gallery ul li {
	display: block;
	position: relative;
	float: left;
	width: 80px;
	height: 80px;
	border: 1px solid silver;
	background: #ededed;
	margin: 2px;
	padding: 0;
	line-height: 0;
	overflow: hidden;
but it didnt change anything. The default is 106px (but i guess you know that already, lol) Do i have to change the size in some other place too, or is this totally wrong place to change the size?
(I am not using the "thumbstrip" if that tells anything.)
RoadRash

Re: Thumbnail size in gallery

Hi,

Changing the width and height of .highslide-gallery ul li in the CSS file will not change the size of thumbnail images. This CSS selector controls the size of the box around the thumbnails created in the Highslide Editor. Setting the width and height to a lower number than the actual size of the thumbnail will have no effect in modern browser, but it will have effect in IE7, if I remember correct.

You need to create new thumbnail images in the Highslide Editor if you want them in a different size.

The reason that you didnÔÇÖt see any effect at all when you changed the width and height for .highslide-gallery ul li is because there are two instances of this selector in your highslide.css file. You need to change the width and height in the selector near the bottom in your highslide.css file if you want to change the size of the thumbnail box.
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

Overview of my Highslide sample pages: RoadRash.no
LiSkynden

Re: Thumbnail size in gallery

Thank you RoadRash!

I thought you cant change the thumb size in Editor, so i tried to edit them in the CSS, but I went back to editor now and noticed that you have to change it in Image Manager, AND, after changing it, you have to click the "Update uploaded images". This was the thing i didnt get.

It looks good now so thank you again :)

Return to “Highslide Editor”