threetree

Multiple Galleries on Website

I'm using the editor and would like to set up a number of galleries, each on a separate page of the website. I don't understand the best way to handle this. I have no problem working with the generated html if necessary. This is a test page for the site http://www.threetree.com/cauhaus/residential.htm. I assume that I can use the js but may need to generate the sized images and thumbnails from the editor.
RoadRash

Re: Multiple Galleries on Website

Hi,

You can use the same js for everything as long as your galleries will be in separate pages.

When you need to create a new gallery:
In the highslide folder in the downloaded zip archive you will find a file named editor-config.txt. Use the URL in this file to reset the Editor to your settings. The images that you previous have uploaded will remain in our server for a month, so if they still are there when you open the Editor you will need to delete them in the Image Manager before you upload the images for the new gallery.
Download the zip when you have finished uploading the new images. Unzip and copy the new images from images/thumbs and images/large to the same folders in your website. Copy and paste the HTML markup for the new gallery to your new gallery page.
Note: Make sure you are using unique file names for the images to avoid overwriting existing images.
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

Overview of my Highslide sample pages: RoadRash.no
threetree

Re: Multiple Galleries on Website

Thank you for the very clear explanation. I plan on using galleries on several websites and just need to keep everything organized! Hopefully, the edit link will make it possible to work on several clients galleries concurrently.

Return to “Highslide Editor”