Millie Terry

Microsoft Expressions web builder

I thought I saw a place on this site that showed how to enter Highslide JS code into a Microsoft Expressions web site. But can't find it. Do you still have it? The coding is a bit different.
Millie
RoadRash

Re: Microsoft Expressions web builder

Hi Millie,

I canÔÇÖt remember anything in the forum about Expression Web. I used Expression Web earlier, but I canÔÇÖt say that the coding is different. We might be able to help you if you have a specific question.
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

Overview of my Highslide sample pages: RoadRash.no
Millie Terry

Thank you RoadRash. It's good someone does know the program I'm using.
One problem may be that I build my website off line. I believe you have to insert Highslide while on line? I can do that is necessary.
Also Microsoft Expressions inserts "classes" and "styles" and was wondering how that affected the Highslide code.
I have an artists web site and really, really love Highslide JS I've seen on other sites.
Millie
RoadRash

You can build your gallery online, but you can add it to your web site off line. Highslide uses its own styles and classes. The styles and classes youÔÇÖre using in your web site shouldnÔÇÖt affect the ones used by Highslide.
First go the Highslide Editor and create your gallery with your own images (use the Image manager in the Gallery tab). There are several predefined setups in the General tab. Click the Publish button when youÔÇÖre satisfied with your gallery. Accept the license conditions (click Yes). Choose ÔÇ£Download a zip archiveÔÇØ and unzip. Copy the highslide folder (found inside highslide-custom folder) to the root of your local web site. Open highslide-custom-example.htm in Expression Web. Go to Code view. Copy everything between <body> and </body> and paste it in your page where you want your gallery to appear. Also copy everything between </title> and </head> and place it right before </head> in your page.
You should now have a page with a working gallery ready to upload to your server. (You need to allow blocked content to view the gallery locally in IE.)
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

Overview of my Highslide sample pages: RoadRash.no
Millie Terry

Thank you again RoadRash, I am starting to get the idea, and I appreciate your quick response. Wonderful!!
Millie

Return to “Highslide Editor”