Manal02

Integrate a basemap with Highmaps

Hello,

I am currently working with Highmaps in my project and I want to know how can I add a Basemap such as OpenStreetMaps and overlay Highmaps chloropleth map on top.

Thank you.
daniel_s

Re: Integrate a basemap with Highmaps

hi Manal02,

Could you explain me more precisely what effect do you want to achieve, because I don't understand a bit your question?

Best regards!
Daniel Studencki,
Highcharts Developer
jb3_2

Hi Manal02 and Daniel,

I'd also be interested in having a Highmaps choropleth map overlay an OpenStreetMap layer. I have once tested this using d3.js and dc.js, that worked great (screenshot below). Currently we focus on Highcharts instead of d3.js, and I'd be very (very!) interested in getting this to work.

Any idea how we can implement this?

Thanks,
J.
ChorplethOnLeaflet-dcjs.jpg
ChorplethOnLeaflet-dcjs.jpg (86.55 KiB) Viewed 1957 times
daniel_s

hi jb3_2,

Unfortunately, we don't have this kind of feature which would allow user to overlaying other libraries. It would be very complex solution to implement because od the Pointer class which handle all Highcharts container events, and most probably I can call it an enhancement. I recommend you to use our UserVoice platform to request this feature, then will see how many people want something similar to described functionality. Here is the link to mentioned platform: https://highcharts.uservoice.com/forums ... script-api

Best regards!
Daniel Studencki,
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highcharts Maps”