cwillis

Problem Renaming Charts and saving Change Details

I'm having an issue renaming charts. When I revise the chart title in Customize Chart / Titles / Chart title I'm able to save the change but the name of chart in the library doesn't update. After saving the new title holds in the Chart title field, it just doesn't carry trough.

If I duplicate the chart (after changing the name) the new chart will have the updated name of the source chart. That duplicate has the same problem: it's name cannot be changed and continues to hold the name it inherited. Duping does not solve the problem with the source chart.

When I try to change the name through Chart Actions /Change Details from the library view I'm not able to save the changes I make and can only close the modal by canceling. I have tried all variations of new title, no new title, public, private, not set, tag, no tag. It just wont save.

I've tried in both Firefox and Chrome. I'm a long time user and this problem is new to me.

Thanks!

Clay
daniel_s

Re: Problem Renaming Charts and saving Change Details

hi cwillis,

Could you provide me the link for your chart (before that, please make sure that is set to "Public")? It occurs only on this one chart or on every chart that you are creating?

Best regards!
Daniel Studencki,
Highcharts Developer
cwillis

Hi Daniel,

It's affecting every chart I've tested, new, recent and old so I assume it's affecting all charts.

Here's a link to one of my charts that I just tried to rename with no success.
https://cloud.highcharts.com/show/S1KcRvlff

Thanks!

Clay
daniel_s

hi cwillis,

You're not able to change the chart title, because of the fact that you've set the title.fontSize equal to 0px inside of the Style section in Customize Chart > Advanced > Title > Style. You you will change this value, the title of your chart will be visible. Please let me know about the result.

Best regards!
Daniel Studencki,
Highcharts Developer
cwillis

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply.

My issue isn't actually with the chart title on the chart itself. I know it's set to 0. That's on purpose. My issue is with changing the chart file name which is displayed in the library view: cloud.highcharts.com/profile/charts

Chart title and file name used to be the same thing. Changing the chart title changed the file name. That's actually why mine are set to 0 because I wanted a different file name that chart title so I added chart titles separately. It seems that with the big update you made chart titles and file names separate things.

So to be clear, I have no issue changing the chart title. I can save updates to that field and they display correctly when I increase the font size from 0. In case what you were telling me is that as long as the chart's title is set to 0 the chart file name can't be updated I set the chart title font to 10 but the file name remained unchanged and I still lacked the ability to save changes in Change Details.

So to update/restate my original post: It used to be that changing the chart title in Customize Chart > Titles > Chart title was the way to change the file name. Now the only way to change the file name that I can find is by clicking the wheel from the library view to access Chart Actions > Change Details and then change the file name and save it it. My problem is that change details modal wont save and I don't know of any other way to change the file name in the new app. Do you know why save wouldn't be working? Also, is there another way to change the chart title?

Thanks!

Clay
ppotaczek

Hi cwillis,

Currently the file name depends on the chart title and can not be changed. Here you can see the responsible code for this: https://github.com/highcharts/highchart ... #L275-L301

Here you can create a new topic with described requirements: https://github.com/highcharts/highchart ... issues/new

Best regards!
Paweł Potaczek,
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highcharts Cloud”