Erinnjoy

tooltip not consistent over multiple series

I created a line chart showing crime data for many large US cities. When I hover, the tooltip does not reflect the change in series. or it does so inconsistently. How do I fix this? This is the embedding code. I paid for the advance mode of highcharts because I have no idea what I"m doing. Please helpp

<div id='highcharts-ebelixy'><script src='//cloud.highcharts.com/inject/ebelixy' defer='defer'></script></div>

The problem is clearly when the tooltip is showing a point (I can tell bc it shows the marker) vs. when it it is just hovering over a series. When it shows the point it has the right series. How do I make that permanent??
larsac07

Re: tooltip not consistent over multiple series

Hi, Erinnjoy.

Could you please explain the following:
- What do you mean by "the change in series"?
- When you say "hovering over a series", do you mean hovering over a series in a legend, of hovering a line in the chart?
- What do you want to happen when hovering over a series?

For an easier reference, the chart url is https://cloud.highcharts.com/charts/ebelixy

Best regards,
Lars Cabrera
Erinnjoy

larsac07 wrote:Hi, Erinnjoy.

Could you please explain the following:
- What do you mean by "the change in series"?
- When you say "hovering over a series", do you mean hovering over a series in a legend, of hovering a line in the chart?
- What do you want to happen when hovering over a series?

For an easier reference, the chart url is https://cloud.highcharts.com/charts/ebelixy

Best regards,
Lars Cabrera
Hi! Thanks for your help. Okay when you open up the chart and you move your mouse over the different series you can see a little gray or blue dot indicating if the tooltip is describing the line that is illuminated blue because you're hovering over it, or gray, which is a very close other series. What I want the tooltip to do is only describe the lines that are hovered over and turn blue.
larsac07

Alright, I see. Unfortunately, this is a bug in the Highcharts version in the Cloud: https://github.com/highcharts/highcharts/issues/5721. It has been fixed in the newest version of Highcharts, and when it is uploaded to the Cloud, the interaction should be more coherent. The new version is scheduled for Cloud during this week or the next.

Best regards,
Lars Cabrera
Erinnjoy

Is there any way I can fix it beforehand?
larsac07

Hi, Erinnjoy.

Sorry for the late reply. I see that the problem is solved in the cloud as well now. The only workaround before the fix would have to be to reduce the amount of series, which wouldn't really solve the problem. I hope the fix works well for you.

Best regards,
Lars Cabrera
Erinnjoy

That's great! unfortunately I've toyed with so many settings I'm not sure how to make it work. What do I need to turn off in the advanced settings to get it work correctly?
larsac07

Not sure what you mean about making it work. Something is not working as intended?

If you want to reset advanced options, simply press the refresh icon (circle arrow) on the right for each advanced option you changed.

Return to “Highcharts Cloud”