lucianpurcarea

Highstock flags series not rendering completely

Hi Highcharts support team,

I've been having a issue with flags series not showing completely. I've prepared a JS Fiddle, please take a look: https://jsfiddle.net/lucianpurcarea/5zxa0jsm/13/

This is the part that creates the data array for the withdrawals series:

Code: Select all

var withdrawalsFlags = [];
for (var w = 0; w < response.withdrawals.length; w++) {
  var title = "W:" + response.withdrawals[w][1] + "$";
  withdrawalsFlags.push({
    "x": response.withdrawals[w][0],
    "id": (response.withdrawals[w][0]),
    "title": title
  });
}
In the fiddle that i prepared, the "title" on the withdrawals series is made up of "W: " + dollar value + "$". When this is the case, i see about 5 flags on the series. If i remove the "W:" i see more, if i remove the "$" at the end as well i see them all. I have another flags series that simply shows a number in the xx.yy format and out of ~50 items it shows about 5. (I have not included this series in the example to simplify the code)

If i zoom in on one specific section, i see all the flags present in that section.

Thanks for taking a look at this! I'm sure sure if this is a bug or i am simply not using the library correctly.

Kind regards,
Lucian
rafalS

Re: Highstock flags series not rendering completely

Hi, Lucian!

All flags are not displayed because there is no place for them all. When you set series.flags.allowOverlapX property to true, all flags will be shown but they will overlap on each other and I am not sure if this is what you want.
Really strange is that flags from May to August are not displayed either although there is a space for some of them - it seems like a bug.
But before I report this, could you simplify your demo (mostly your data)? There are thousands of lines of code and when I try to simplify this I get errors cause of your parse functions.

Best regards!
Rafal Sebestjanski,
Highcharts Team Lead

Return to “Highcharts Stock”