IanIan123

Pause slide show to load more images

I have an image gallery that uses infinite scroll to load its images. When I start a slide show on an image, when its reached the end of the currently loaded images, it wraps around and starts at the beginning.

What I would like to have happen is that it pauses, loads the next set of content and then continues the slide show through the new images.

Is this possible?
MisterNeutron

Re: Pause slide show to load more images

That's not built into the script, so you'd have to do some heavy code-hacking. In short, when you load a page, Highslide JS preloads the first five images on the page. That number is settable with hs.numberOfImagesToPreload. But as soon as the visitor clicks a thumbnail, that initial preloading stops. From that moment on, the script preloads only the next image in the gallery.
IanIan123

I'm surprised there isn't an event for

Code: Select all

beforeNextImage 
or something to give the calling code an opportunity to update the image gallery.
MisterNeutron

That kind of functionality just isn't built into the script. It has to know, upon page loading, what images are part of the gallery. At any given time, it has to know what the next and previous images are. And think about the situation in which it's showing a thumbstrip - how would it handle a gallery whose contents might change from one image to the next?

I'm sure it would be possible to build a gallery script that could do things like that, but this one isn't it, nor is it ever likely to be - Highslide JS is virtually "abandonware" at this point, sad to say.
IanIan123

Why is Highslide no longer being developed?
MisterNeutron

IanIan123 wrote:Why is Highslide no longer being developed?
Simple. No money in it. Highcharts, on the other hand....

Return to “Highslide JS Usage”