rod

config1 undefined. Clicked img shows in white window - won't

I just installed Highslide on my Volusion hosted website.

After resolving some graphics directory location issues, my gallery thumbnails are showing properly but, when I click on one, the larger image appears in a big white window that I can only close with the browser back button. I have been trying to find and fix the problem using the inspect feature of Google Chrome, but it is new to me and I am in over my head.

It appears that Config1 is undefined. I am having difficulty determining which of the highslide.js, Highslide.config.js, hightailed-full.js I should be including and where. The only functionality I require on my site is to show the images in a grid and allow clicking them to enlarge/close (no slideshow).

The website is www.eyezongauges.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
MisterNeutron

Re: config1 undefined. Clicked img shows in white window - w

The link you've provided doesn't show us what you've done or tried. Kind of tough to help in that situation. (I do notice, however, that your placeholder page has no valid DOCTYPE - that can be a dangerous omission. Use HTML5. It's also using fairly obsolete coding - tables used for layout, for example.)

When it comes to loading the scripts, just stick to highslide-full.js (or highslide-full.min.js, which is the same thing, but compressed). The other variations are just subsets of the full script, having only some of the capabilities. Not worth messing with. You load highslide-config.js after loading highslide-full.js if you want to change any of the default settings. That can also be done inline, within <script> tags, but it's cleaner to handle it in an external file (a lot like using a CSS file instead of <style> tags in the <head>).

If you don't want an actual gallery, and just want "click to open, click again to close," that should be very simple. I'll put a little demo page together later (I've got a growing list of other things to tackle at the moment).
MisterNeutron

Re: config1 undefined. Clicked img shows in white window - w

Turned out to be a "one cup of coffee" fiddle, since I already had the pieces of it kicking around in other things:

http://misterneutron.com/simpleHS/

The thumbnail grid is a simple inline-block scheme (won't work in IE7 or below, but who cares?). Better than a table layout, especially since it automatically centers the last row, even if the number of thumbs is uneven. See common.css to see how it's styled.

The highslide-config.js file just resets some defaults, and calls a couple of variables for which there are no defaults. The easing-equations.js provides a nice little thumbnail "bounce" when you click on it. The common.css file includes one "highslide" thing, since the default is to have borders on the thumbnails.

This uses the full, untouched highslide.css file - since you're not using a gallery, a thumbstrip, any wrapper classes, any HTML expanders, and so on, you could actually strip out about 80% of what's in there.

Validated HTML5.

Return to “Highslide JS Usage”