Design3r77

Gallery Location Management

This may not be possible and is sort of a problem of our own making but wanted to bounce off everyone first. Our website has multiple galleries sorted by product:location. On page http://everlogs.com/photo_gallery_siding_1.php we have 10 galleries listed from newest build to oldest. Now I want to add another project gallery that we just received photos on and I'm dreading doing it because of the amount of code I need to move.

In order to manually add the new gallery and not have a blank space to the right of the gallery I have to take the 10th gallery and move it to page 2, then move the gallery code, one by one in my table to the right, then down to the left, then to the right, etc. until the top row has an open space on the left hand side to add the new gallery. (Also when the last gallery on this page is moved to the 2nd page I have to do the same thing again....)

Is there a way to create an master gallery file with all the photos in 1 page and then in my website instead of having all the code simply reference which gallery I want where? Or another way to manage what gallery goes where?

Thanks,

Justin
Design3r77

Re: Gallery Location Management

Update: I think I found a solution using <?php include(); ?> and moving the gallery code to it's own php file and then just referencing that code. Simplifies the arrangement of galleries from moving hundreds of lines of code to just 1.
RoadRash

Re: Gallery Location Management

Hi Justin,

The solution you’ve found (php include) is a good solution.

Highslide doesn’t deliver solutions for the management of the galleries/layouts of the gallery thumbnails - we only delivers the tool (the js/css with belonging graphic files).
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

Overview of my Highslide sample pages: RoadRash.no

Return to “Highslide JS Usage”