shalhevet

How to change gallery to horizontal mode

Hello everyone,
First of all i must say i LOVE Highslide JS galleries. They are amazing!!

I would like to implant a gallery on my website.

The one i'm interested in is "gallery tumbstrip bottom with right panel heading and caption below". I saw a sample of it on the Road Rash website (http://www.roadrash.no/hs-support/galle ... below.html).

I tried to add a gallery (third one) to the sample file... that works great but only problem is it puts the third thumb under the second. I would like to make the third thumb next to the first one and add a fourth thumb next to the second.
Can't seem to find how to change it though. Can anyone guide me to the correct direction?

Any help will be very much appreciated
MisterNeutron

Re: How to change gallery to horizontal mode

This isn't a Highslide JS question at all - the Highslide JS script doesn't arrange the thumbnails on the page. This is just basic HTML and CSS. There are probably half-a-dozen different ways of arranging div's on a page in a grid arrangement. The old-school solution would have been to create an HTML table, and put each thumbnail in a cell.

I'd probably stick to using simple floats, with some width specifications to control things. Adding this to the CSS would give you two columns of thumbnails:

Code: Select all

body {
	width: 600px;
}
.highslide-gallery {
	float: left;
	width: 300px;
}
But this really isn't the place for CSS lessons.
shalhevet

i'm sorry, my bed :-(

I do know css so i'll check that out.

Thanks and again sorry for all this
MisterNeutron

Not really a problem. It happens even more often when people use the Editor, which actually does provide the HTML and CSS for the thumnbails. But it's not really the product of the script itself.

Post back if you get stuck. :)

Return to “Highslide JS Usage”