nkt

Fixed position popup

Hello,

I'm quite new to Highslide and I like it very much so far; but I just can't get solved on problem: I would like to fix the popup's position on scrolling down the page and I've already found the fixed position mod http://www.highslide.com/studies/position-fixed.html
However, I can't get it to work. Even if I just copy the examples source code (indluding all files in the right folders), the onclick on the thumbnail will send me to the href instead of opening the popup as it should be. I don't have any clue what's wrong there. And could you please explain to me what the comment "Requires the 'Event' component" in the source code means?

Thanks a lot for your help and greetings from Germany
NKT
MisterNeutron

Re: Fixed position popup

Very tough to diagnose without a link to your page.

But make sure you're using highslide-full.js or highslide-full.min.js (the minimized version of the same thing). That's the complete script, with all capabilites. All of the other whatever.js files (like highslide-with-gallery.js) are just subsets of the full script. There's no point in messing with them - just use the full script at all times.
nkt

As I wrote: I tried to exactly rebuild the example (only without the HTML popup). If it helps, I can load it to my webspace and give you the link to it.

Thanks anyhow for your answer.
MisterNeutron

Well, the example works, right? So you must have changed something, or copied something incorrectly. Without seeing your page, it's impossible to guess what that might be. Knowing only that "it doesn't work" isn't really enough, now is it?

My best guess is that the page isn't loading highslide-full.js at all. Probably an incorrect path to the file....

Return to “Highslide JS Usage”