It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:58 am Advanced search

Highslide Box to open inside a WebGL Page??

Technical support, bug reports, feature requests and more.

Re: Highslide Box to open inside a WebGL Page??

Postby Destiny » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:26 am

... and you call yourself an amateur.. I think you are more skilled than that.... I am very grateful for your time...

I tested your code, the credit is not there.. but the thumb1 image button is visible.. Your other code putting it into a hidden container thing worked before..

Destiny...
Destiny

Postby Destiny » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:31 am

LOL...

I just moved the hidden div to above the div and it all works.. :)

Thank you so much... Now I need to get the entire project working.. I will check in with you when its done.. I am on Term break so this kind of thing gives me a sense of fulfilment.. and keeps my mind away from students.. ;)

<div class="hidden-container">
<div class="highslide-gallery">
Destiny

Postby Destiny » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:35 am

I tested out a JS PDF within a WebGL.. Works well, but this option will be limited. Highslide can add video and a slideshow.

I will see if I can get Highslide to work in a 3D PDF, which will mean I can view video inside a 3D PDF too.. I moved over to using WebGL since if the person viewing the media does not have the Acrobat Viewer, it will not work.... Most browsers come with a PDF viewer these days so they have no need to download the Acrobat Viewer... Real shame since the 3D PDF has many other options..

Does this work your end...??

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/Inter ... thPDF.html

Destiny...
Destiny

Postby MisterNeutron » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:28 am

That works just fine for me, with just the native PDF viewer in Firefox. Works in Chrome, too.
MisterNeutron

Postby Destiny » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:15 am

Thats good.. Since its JS based, it should work fine, even on mobiles. Real shame a 3D PDF will not work with it.. I asked a few years ago about it.. It seems that only the Acrobat PDF View will work with 3D objets..

I tried to get a Highslide to work in a PDF but it will not accept the URL.... Not worry.. I did not expect it to.. You can actually add JS into a PDF so it might work in other ways..
Destiny

Postby Destiny » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:03 am

Hi there.. I was checking out your edited code. Its nice and neat so I am beginning to understand it better.. I found a Box that seemed interesting based on LightBox.. I thought I was being cleaver by adding a Hidden Div at the beginning and end but that did nothing.. You might like to play with this, it might have some value at some stage..
http://www.no-margin-for-errors.com/pro ... rettyPhoto
If you are an amateur coder, what is your day job..

Destiny...
Destiny

Postby MisterNeutron » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:56 pm

There are a lot of lightbox scripts floating around out there, and it's tough to choose a good one. I'd be leery of one like prettyPhoto, which hasn't seen any activity in almost seven years, and whose support forum is broken and inaccessible.

And that's why I can't recommend that anyone just adding a lightbox to his website use Highslide JS - you don't want to hitch your wagon to a meteorite that's plummeting towards the ground. If you have questions, or need to get a bug fixed, you may find yourself with nowhere to turn. I'm not sure why I stick around here - there's no fame or fortune in it, that's for sure. ;)

When not coding, I'm a retired guy, and I travel a lot.

When coding, I'm doing skins for jAlbum. The oldest two (Matrix, MatrixSlide) are based on Highslide JS, along with one newer one (Comet). A couple of the newer ones (Saturn, Neptune) are using Floatbox- that's current, full-featured, and well-supported, but not free. I've also got one skin (Gromit), and another one in beta, that don't use a lightbox at all - separate pages for each image (people who fret about SEO like that).
MisterNeutron

Postby Destiny » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:10 pm

I would not say, "no fame..." I still remember roadrash for her wonderful efforts.. As for fortune.. If I had something to give I would give it.. Some people can dunk their hand into a bucket of poo and pull out gold.. As for me.. I will just pull out poo.. All the money I get spare goes toward our little 9 year old daughter.. That is why I try so hard with the 3D stuff.. In the event that one day I might spark the imagination of some rich person willing to pay.. Anything rather than teach kids with attitude..

I killed off that Pretty Box.. Even though Highside has limitations, it still works OK... But, if it was not for you, I would have given it the flick.. I only do this kind of stuff to keep my brain amused... and forget about yuck student... ;)

I will check out that Floatbox... Sounds interesting.. I will let you know how I go.. Perhaps a PM..

Enjoy your retirement.

Destiny...
Destiny

Postby Destiny » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:46 am

I thought I recognised that name jAlbum.. I loaded it onto my iMac in 2012.. Not sure where I got it from.. Seems to work fine even now.. It has a bunch of thumb images at the top.. Not sure why I did not use it..

MisterNeutron wrote:When coding, I'm doing skins for jAlbum. The oldest two (Matrix, MatrixSlide) are based on Highslide JS, along with one newer one (Comet). A couple of the newer ones (Saturn, Neptune) are using Floatbox- that's current, full-featured, and well-supported, but not free. I've also got one skin (Gromit), and another one in beta, that don't use a lightbox at all - separate pages for each image (people who fret about SEO like that).
Destiny

Previous

Return to Highslide JS Usage