It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:16 am Advanced search

Highcharts 2.2 -- tooltip broken

Technical support, bug reports and more.

Highcharts 2.2 -- tooltip broken

Postby imcl » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:16 am

The new Highcharts 2.2 has a bug on hover to show the tooltip.

When hovering over a point, the tooltip appears hovering the another (wrong) point, and so forth.

Reverting back to 2.1.9 resolves the problem.
imcl

Re: Highcharts 2.2 -- tooltip broken

Postby Fusher » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:30 pm

Can you show example? Chech this: http://www.highcharts.com/jsbin/#javascript,live - tooltip works fine.
Paweł Fus
Highcharts support team
Fusher

Postby mrobrian » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:22 pm

I'm having the same issue. I was able to narrow it down to using a negative number for a series pointInterval. When I changed it to a positive number the tooltips worked as expected, but upon setting the pointInterval back to a negative number, the tooltips again broke. My graph uses a datetime type for the x axis and pulls data from a table. The table is sorted by date descending, so the most recent date is at the top, and I need the graph to have the largest date at the right side and oldest date on the left. In previous versions of HighCharts this worked fine with type of datetime, reversed false, and pointInterval set to a negative number.

Fusher - The link you provided looks like it's still using 2.1.9.
mrobrian

Postby Fusher » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:39 pm

You right, sorry - updated to 2.2 and works fine: http://www.highcharts.com/jsbin/abahiy/edit
It's not typical use of pointInterval. Why can't you use reversed: true ? (as in my example?)
Paweł Fus
Highcharts support team
Fusher

Return to Highcharts Usage