It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:07 am Advanced search

Is it for me.

Help for using the Highslide Editor, the visual way of setting up Highslide.

Is it for me.

Postby Len-tikular » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:49 pm

Hi,
I have been given the task of creating a web site for my Local Folk Club here in Saddleworth UK.
I have used 'Artiseer' to create the site, it's basic and a bit clunky but not bad for a first attempt (crosskeysfolkclub.co.uk)
Once the image slide is created I can cut and paste the HTML code directly into my page in Artiseer. I did a test and it seemed to work, you can see the result in my other site www.cribboards.co.uk. (please rest assured this is not an advert for my sites) more of a way of showing what I did having just picked up Highslide.
My site is hosted on my son's webserver.

I would like to have a slideshow for my Folkclub on one of my pages that perhaps I can update regularly, perhaps on a weekly basis.
Is Highslide the tool for me? is there already an example on the site that I can use or edit? How flexible is it that I can easily update the slideshow. Can I have more than one slideshow, maybe one for Jan then Feb , March etc on different pages.

That's lots of questions I know, but maybe someone else has already done this and may be able to help.

I wish everyone good health and happiness for 2012

Len-Tikular
Len-tikular

Re: Is it for me.

Postby EarlyOut » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:54 pm

Just a quick note - Highslide JS is not working on your Gallery (and BTW, it's not "Gallary" ;) ). The page is not loading the Highslide script or stylesheet. So, when you click on an image, it's just loading the image in the window. You're not getting the expander, there are no controls to move to the next image, and so on.
EarlyOut

Postby Len-tikular » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:35 pm

EarlyOut wrote:Just a quick note - Highslide JS is not working on your Gallery (and BTW, it's not "Gallary" ;) ). The page is not loading the Highslide script or stylesheet. So, when you click on an image, it's just loading the image in the window. You're not getting the expander, there are no controls to move to the next image, and so on.

Thanks for the reply,

Hmmm, I didn't think it was working quite right, any pointers for me?

Thanks

Len
Len-tikular

Postby EarlyOut » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:02 pm

Take a look at the barebones samples on this site, like http://highslide.com/examples/gallery-white.html. Note the material in the <head> section, which includes the call to highslide.js and the call to highslide.css. In the barebones samples, the config stuff is shown in <script> tags on the page, but would normally be placed in a highslide.config.js file, which would be called immediately after calling highslide.js.
EarlyOut

Postby Len-tikular » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:31 pm

Len-tikular wrote:
EarlyOut wrote:Just a quick note - Highslide JS is not working on your Gallery (and BTW, it's not "Gallary" ;) ). The page is not loading the Highslide script or stylesheet. So, when you click on an image, it's just loading the image in the window. You're not getting the expander, there are no controls to move to the next image, and so on.

Thanks for the reply,

Hmmm, I didn't think it was working quite right, any pointers for me?

I followed the instructions in Highslide/gallery/ image manager and added the photographs as required. The preview shows the 7 pictures.
Next I selected publish, then I downloaded the Zip archive as instructed to the root of my web folder on my local drive which is "c:\web sites\crosskeys\crosskeys"
I then cut and pasted the 2 sections of HTML code as indicated into my new page on my web site under construction in Artiseer.
I published my completed website to my local hard drive.
I then uploaded the whole package from my directory c:\web sites\crosskeys\crosskeys to my web server.
The result is what you see on http://www.crosskeysfolkclub.co.uk
Clearly the thumbnails are published and so are the large images published but there is noslideshow information ?

I'm a bit confused about the changing the pathname in the HTML code

Clearly I'm not following the instruction and it looks like I need more help than I thought.

Thanks

Len

Well now, since I posted I struggled on with a lot of cutting and pasting and eventually I got some better results. I need lots of practice at this. I dont think that 'Artiseer' allows me to use Highslide easily.

Thanks for looking!
Len-tikular

Return to Highslide Editor