It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:54 am Advanced search

fit in limts

Technical support for the Highcharts Stock package

fit in limts

Postby pascalp » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:07 pm

Hi everyone,
I would like to fit in upper and lower limits in my Highstock Chart. As I read before in this forum this is possible via a so called ÔÇ£plotlineÔÇØ. This function is working. But if there is a limit outside the visible range of the values, the limit isnÔÇÖt indicated in the chart.
My question now is: What do I have to change so that my limits will be noted at the scale of the y-axis.

Thanks for your help

Pascal
pascalp

Re: fit in limts

Postby hfrntt » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:16 pm

But if the limit is beyond the scale where you'd like to show it, and how? You can give plotLine a value and that line is shown when value is visible on related axis.
Slawek Kolodziej
Highcharts support team
hfrntt

Postby pascalp » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:58 am

I've got 500 different parameters, which I may import. Every of this parameters has got another tolerance limit. If I choose for example the course of an interaction and all of the values are lower than the tolerance limit, the limit isn't visible. Because of this I don't if the values are ok or not. So what do I have to change (maybe in the source file) to make the limit always visible.

Thanks for your help

Pascal
pascalp

Postby hfrntt » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:56 pm

Well, in this case I would use highcharts drawing api (http://www.highcharts.com/ref/#renderer and http://www.highcharts.com/ref/#element). You can draw a line wherever you want and update its position in the redraw event.

There was several examples here related to using drawing api.
Slawek Kolodziej
Highcharts support team
hfrntt

Postby pascalp » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:59 am

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. Could you please show me an example because I'm a total beginner.

Thanks!

Pascal
pascalp

Postby hfrntt » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:29 pm

Examples of what exactly you need? As I wrote there was several examples in this (and highcharts) forum showing how to use renderer, just search for "renderer" keyword). Some examples you can find in the doc. I can't make customization for everyone from scratch, when you'll already have something and need some guides, post it here :)
Slawek Kolodziej
Highcharts support team
hfrntt

Return to Highstock Usage