It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:43 am Advanced search

Problem in IE

Technical support, bug reports, feature requests and more.

Problem in IE

Postby kctpradeep » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:50 pm

I just started to create a personal album using HighSlide (works really great) but when I open the HighSlide Album as an overlay from another page (using GreyBox), the Outline and the ControlBar come up with a white Background which looks quite ugly.

This problem is in IE6. IE7, the problem is restricted only to the ControlBar having a white background. In Firefox, everything works great.

Direct URL to the album (working properly):
http://developer.icontel.ch/pradeep/pho ... lbum3.html

Album opened as a overlay (Please click on the "Reception" Album which opens the same page as above)
http://developer.icontel.ch/pradeep/pho ... index.html

Also, I could not get the PreloadImages to work. Though I have specified 100 as the number of images to be preloaded, it does not seem to be working and for each image, the page displays LOADING message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
kctpradeep

Postby torstein.honsi » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:50 am

It looks to me like somewhere in the CSS, the div tag is defined to have background-color: white. This will explain how the IE6 outlines and the IE6/IE7 controlbar inherits the background color. Try searching all your css files for "white" or "#ffffff" and see if you can locate it. For the controlbar you can locate the CSS rule and set background-color: none.

As for the preloader, it seems to be set to load 5 images. The value you pass as a parameter in hs.preloadImages() overrides that of the script. My bad, I will specify this in the next version. This is copied from your code:

Code: Select all
window.onload = function() {
  hs.preloadImages(5);
}

Change it to
Code: Select all
window.onload = function() {
  hs.preloadImages(100);
}
torstein.honsi
Site Admin

Return to Highslide JS Usage