It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:03 am Advanced search

Alternate way to have multiple implementations of highslide

Technical support, bug reports, feature requests and more.

Alternate way to have multiple implementations of highslide

Postby 10SexyApples » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:29 am

Hi there. I've been using Highslide off and on over the last few years on different clients sites ( yes, I insist that they all buy licenses ), and haven't run into this issue until yesterday. I've searched high and low and can't find a solution, so, perhaps a guru here can help me out. I build using wordpress as a framework with some plugins or customizations of plugins to make building a little more efficient. I've just implemented the Wordpress plugin nextgen gallery on a client site, which has the ability to integrate with highslide. I've implemented the highslide with it, but, here's the rub. The nextgen gallery is using the slideshowgroup parameter with a placeholder of
Code: Select all
class="highslide" onclick="return hs.expand(this, { slideshowGroup: %GALLERY_NAME% })"
to enable control of browsing the individual galleries' images. Therefore, I have no way of using this parameter myself to call out different values for showing the control bar etc. per instance of highslide. I intend to use highslide per my usual routine, with loading a few ajax containers and a contact form, and I certainly don't want them popping up with slideshow controls below them. Is there any other way out of this than to disable the highslide effect in nextgen and go with some other effect? I would really hate to do that as it integrates so nicely. Any help would be greatly appreciated ;o]
10SexyApples

Re: Alternate way to have multiple implementations of highslide

Postby torstein.honsi » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:13 am

Is it possible to disable all effects in the NextGen gallery? In that case you take the clean thumbnails and apply Highslide to them yourself by using http://highslide.com/ref/hs.isUnobtrusiveAnchor.
Torstein Hønsi
CTO, Founder
Highsoft Solutions
torstein.honsi
Site Admin

Postby 10SexyApples » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:45 am

I am able to disable all effects for the galleries, but, I'm not sure that that would work as there would be no reference to the "group" of nexgen gallery images per post -
This site is in development, and closed off, but, I created a temp login for you if you would like to visually see what I am referring to: I can't post that info here of course ;-), but, you should have my email and I can get it to you there. The nextgen gallery is using the slideshow group %galleryname% placeholder in order to reference all of the images within that gallery for control bar navigation. In the highslide config the control bar is set as a global default, therefore all images with slideshow: "anything" or being shown correctly with navigation controls, and nextgen gallery, I believe, is then using the slideshow: "galleryname" to know which images to return. That's how it would appear anyway. Thank you for responding, and I would love to get this sorted, so let me know if you'd like the login info as I really think if you saw it visually you would be able to make sense out of it in no time. Ciao~
10SexyApples

Postby torstein.honsi » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:51 am

I'm sure we can sort this out. What you want to do is to un-assign certain thumbnails from the slideshows.

Add this code to your config. It basically cancels initSlideshow if the slideshowGroup is 'no-controls'. Then give the standalone popups a slideshowGroup = 'no-controls'. I've tested this successfully.
Code: Select all
var initSlideshow = hs.Expander.prototype.initSlideshow;
hs.Expander.prototype.initSlideshow = function() {
   if (this.slideshowGroup != 'no-controls') initSlideshow.apply(this, arguments);
}
Torstein Hønsi
CTO, Founder
Highsoft Solutions
torstein.honsi
Site Admin

Postby 10SexyApples » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:10 pm

Aaah! Reverse-engineering! Fantastic! Just implemented it and it's perfect. Now I just have to lose the "image 1 of 1" message in the bottom and everythig is good to go. Thank you so much for your help, and for all your hard work on highslide. It's really beautiful work.
10SexyApples

Postby torstein.honsi » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:55 am

Thanks! To loose the numbers, see numberPosition.
Torstein Hønsi
CTO, Founder
Highsoft Solutions
torstein.honsi
Site Admin

Postby 10SexyApples » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:47 pm

Excellent. Will do. Thanks again for all the help Torstein!
10SexyApples

Return to Highslide JS Usage