It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:49 pm Advanced search

Google Maps & IE

Technical support, bug reports, feature requests and more.

Google Maps & IE

Postby payme » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:33 pm

Howdy,

first of all: nice script! I luv it :)

I tried a lot but I still can't get Google Maps to fully load in IE6. Ther's no (visible) problem in Firefox (beside the slowness).
IE loads the map but can't load the pointer, one sticks with the satellite map. (I tried iframe, html)

http://tinyurl.com/cyyhmt

Is it a problem with Google Maps? Is there a way to fix this?
payme

Re: Google Maps & IE

Postby Cerulean » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:09 am

when page loads i am getting object not found in line 5 . may be that is causing the problem ? not to load full page
Cerulean

Postby torstein.honsi » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:25 am

The safest way to pop up JavaScript-heavy solutions like Google Maps is to put it in a completely separate file and include it in a Highslide iframe.
Torstein Hønsi
CTO, Founder
Highsoft Solutions
torstein.honsi
Site Admin

Postby payme » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:02 pm

Ah thx, my IE settings were messed up. Changed back to standard and it now works.
Is there any chance force links to open in the same iframe? Everytime I want to do some routing it loads into the parent window.
payme

Postby torstein.honsi » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:12 am

By default links will open inside the iframe, so this means target="_top" has been set somewhere in your iframe, either on each individual anchor or in a global base tag. Make sure target is "_self".
Torstein Hønsi
CTO, Founder
Highsoft Solutions
torstein.honsi
Site Admin

Re: Google Maps

Postby paulzie » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:45 am

Hi, Im having an issue loading google map into highslide...it works on Safari perfectly, yet not firefox or ie
the link is at: http://www.therealtyconnectioncalif.com ... 221-2.html
click on view map
I appreciate any feedback. Thank you!
Paul
webmaster
paulzie

Postby RoadRash » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:52 pm

Hi Paul,

I seems like the path for hs.graphicsDir is wrong. According to your settings the rounded-white outline should be found here: http://www.therealtyconnectioncalif.com ... -white.png but this url gives a 404 Not Found.

BTW - You have included two calls for highslide.js and highslide.css. Remove this:
Code: Select all
<script type="text/javascript" src="'.$config[baseurl].'/addons/imghighslide/js/highslide.js"></script>  <link rel="stylesheet" href="'.$config[baseurl].'/addons/imghighslide/highslide.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />
<script type="text/javascript">

Then you should upgrade to the latest Highslide version. Your Highslide js file is from November 2008.
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

Overview of my Highslide sample pages: RoadRash.no
RoadRash

Return to Highslide JS Usage