It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:46 am Advanced search

Android Dolphin HD browser TF201 White box

Technical support, bug reports, feature requests and more.

Android Dolphin HD browser TF201 White box

Postby mgwalk » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:10 pm

Hello I purchased this tool to use across all my sites. I just found out that this is bringing up plain white box on my TF201 Android tablet (4.0) with the Dolphin HD browser.

Is there a list of supported devices? Has anyone else tried it on this platform? Just trying to see if I need to write my own popdiv (html) or not. It works on all major browsers on the desktop. It also works on Firefox beta for the tablet. Just not Dolphin.

thanks for taking the time to read this.
mgwalk

Re: Android Dolphin HD browser TF201 White box

Postby RoadRash » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:36 pm

Hi,

IÔÇÖve just tested all the Highslide barebones samples in Dolphin HD on Android 2.2 without any problems. I donÔÇÖt have Android 4.0, but I will check if the developers have.
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

Overview of my Highslide sample pages: RoadRash.no
RoadRash

Postby mgwalk » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:29 pm

Thanks for checking... I was just using this for the html part when a customer added something to the cart they would get a popup div. I would show them the item they added and cart summary.... I went ahead and just built my own. I still love the tool for images, which is not as critical as adding to the cart.
mgwalk

Postby RoadRash » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:51 am

Torstein, the Highslide developer, has tested the HTML barebones samples in Dolphin HD/Android 4.0 and all the popups opened fine with all the content intact.
We suspect thereÔÇÖs a conflict/error in your coding that causes your HTML popups are empty in Dolphin HD/Android 4.0. We need to see an online example if you want us to debug it.
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

RoadRash

Postby SsjCosty » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:15 pm

Hi, I have the same problem. None of the Gallery examples from http://highslide.com/#examples work for me. I see the image while it's zooming in, but just when the dimmer appears the image disappears and I'm left with a white box. I tested this directly on the website, on http://highslide.com/#examples.
My Android version is 4.0.3, and I tried it with both the standard browser and with Dolphin HD, and I get the same result. The other examples work, only on the gallery I get this error.
I've been trying several things on my own sample, and one of them is this:

Code: Select all
$(function () {
    hs.Expander.prototype.onAfterExpand = function () {
        setTimeout('fixDisplay();', 1000);
    }
});

function fixDisplay() {
    $(".highslide-wrapper").prev().css("display", "block");
}

As you can see, I'm calling the fixDisplay function 1 second after the onAfterExpand has been launched and I set the display of the table with rounded corners to "block". The weird thing is, if I set that directly when the event launches, it doesn't work.
I tested with
SsjCosty

Postby RoadRash » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:53 pm

Hi,

IÔÇÖm sorry for the delay.
As you can see from the above post, this was tested in late February and everything worked as expected in Android 4.0. I donÔÇÖt have access to Android 4 so I have asked Torstein to test it again, but I havenÔÇÖt hear back from him yet.
I will give you an update as soon as I hear from him.
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

RoadRash

Postby snupyna » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:44 am

Hi, I have the same problem of SsjCosty: the image disappears leaving a white box on Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet, operating system Android 4.x Ice Cream Sandwich.

Have you found a solution?

Thank for reply.
snupyna

Postby RoadRash » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:07 am

Hi,

We have found that a bug is triggered in Android v. 4.0.x once the hs.dimmingOpacity is present, which causes the image to disappear.
ItÔÇÖs hard getting around this bug without breaking Highslide in other browsers/OS, so a temporary fix is to disable dimmingOpacity for Android.

Replace the hs.dimmingOpacity line in your Highslide settings with this:
Code: Select all
hs.dimmingOpacity = /Android/.test(navigator.userAgent) ? 0 : 0.75;

Replace 0.75 at the end of the line with the dimming value you are using for your gallery.

This bug is fixed in Android v. 4.1.x.
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

RoadRash

Return to Highslide JS Usage