It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:15 pm Advanced search

Move from anywhere

Technical support, bug reports, feature requests and more.

Move from anywhere

Postby prndldev » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:39 am

I want to move my iframe highslide around by grabbing anywhere on it with the mouse. This seems to be a normal feature for highslide images, but i want to do this with an iframe.

Do i have to make an invisible "move" overlay button? or is there a better way to do it.

Thanks
prndldev

Re: Move from anywhere

Postby RoadRash » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:50 pm

Hi,

The only way to achieve this for an iframe popup is to use an hs.registerOverlay.
See this demo: http://jsfiddle.net/roadrash/XzbVP/
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

Overview of my Highslide sample pages: RoadRash.no
RoadRash

Postby prndldev » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:44 am

Okay thank you. The issue we are running into is clicking links in the iframe, because the overlay is on top of it. :/

But thanks anyway.
prndldev

Postby EarlyOut » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:28 pm

prndldev wrote:The issue we are running into is clicking links in the iframe....

Of course, this illustrates why there's probably no way to do what you're trying to do. A click is a click is a click. There's no way for the software to tell the difference between "I'm clicking here because I want to do something within the iframe" and "I'm clicking here because I want to move the Highslide expander." All clicks are created equal, as it were. :)
EarlyOut

Postby RoadRash » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:56 am

Using registerOverlay is the only option when using objectType: 'iframe' because the content comes from another source than the main page, but the overlay will of course make links in the content unclickable because they are covered by the overlay.

If using highslide-maincontent div you can easily do this by adding the highslide-move class, and links in the content will still work.
See demo: http://jsfiddle.net/roadrash/XzbVP/2/
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

Overview of my Highslide sample pages: RoadRash.no
RoadRash

Postby prndldev » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:46 am

RoadRash wrote:Using registerOverlay is the only option when using objectType: 'iframe' because the content comes from another source than the main page, but the overlay will of course make links in the content unclickable because they are covered by the overlay.

If using highslide-maincontent div you can easily do this by adding the highslide-move class, and links in the content will still work.
See demo: http://jsfiddle.net/roadrash/XzbVP/2/

Yea we were going to do that, but the content we AJAX into the iframe uses javascript methods that are generated by PHP. Since we cannot load <script> tags with the AJAX highslide, it makes what we want to do impossible.
prndldev

Return to Highslide JS Usage