It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:41 am Advanced search

Highslide 'sticks' when moving over iframed flash

Technical support, bug reports, feature requests and more.

Highslide 'sticks' when moving over iframed flash

Postby jfrueh » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:41 pm

Hi - I've combed through the discussion board for quite a while and found similar topics, but nothing quite with this same problem. Also, thanks for an Awesome product! By far the best pop-up I've used :D

Essentially, I am popping up a Highslide window and wanting to use it as a way to communicate to the visitor. Everything below the Highslide window is flash. When I drag the Highslide popup from side to side over the flash movie (in particular when I try to move the popup long distances, such as circling it around the entire flash area), it gets jittery & seems to 'stick' in places, often acting like the mouse button is still pressed down when in fact it isn't.

The easiest way to explain this is by demonstration, so I've included a link to a live demo. I've been able to repro this behavior on Chrome, FireFox, & IE (all latest versions). In the demo, there is white space left above the flash - you will notice that you can move the Highslide popup anywhere over this area without any issue. But when you drag it down over the flash and do a lot of moving, the issues appear.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated - I'm at a loss!

Example: http://mycreativeshop.webhop.net/HS/hs.html

Thanks,
jfrueh

Re: Highslide 'sticks' when moving over iframed flash

Postby torstein.honsi » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:48 am

I want to say "Don't use Flash", but I suppose that's not an option at this point...

See viewtopic.php?f=4&t=609.
Torstein Hønsi
CTO, Founder
Highsoft Solutions
torstein.honsi
Site Admin

Postby jfrueh » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:03 pm

Well, I'd love to not use flash but the unfortunate reality is that flash is here to stay for at least a few more years.

I have wmmode set to transparent and don't have any issues with the highslide box appearing above the flash content.

After a lot more troubleshooting, I noticed that I can reproduce this same behavior on IE9 without flash content on the page at all (although flash content really makes is issue apparent). When I move the highslide window around really fast it's like the highslide box loses the mouse cursor focus so eventually I can just move the box just by moving the mouse (without having to even have the must button held down). I've found other pop-up solutions that don't exhibit this behavior when moved over flash, but I really don't want to use them as this is so much better!

If you have any further suggestions or ideas I'd really appreciate them.

Thanks,
jfrueh

Postby RoadRash » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:11 am

Sorry for the late reply.

IÔÇÖve talked to Torstein (the developer) about this issue, and we found that this issue is too marginally to use time to solve because most users donÔÇÖt moves the Highslide popup really fast around the screen; most users opens the popup, looks at the content and close it without moving it at all - or they move the popup at normal speed before they close it.
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

Overview of my Highslide sample pages: RoadRash.no
RoadRash

Return to Highslide JS Usage