It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:09 pm Advanced search

How to create a simple slideshow?

Technical support, bug reports, feature requests and more.

How to create a simple slideshow?

Postby IntelOne » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:51 pm

HighSlide appears to be very powerful tool.

My questions is: How to create a simple fade-in/fade-out slide show with the ability to link each image to a URL? It is just a 500px X 350px area on a webpage, no controls, no popups, no text.

How do I accomplish this?

Thanks

David
IntelOne

Re: How to create a simple slideshow?

Postby sahar » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:05 pm

i'd advice you to use the highslide editor
http://highslide.com/editor/

with this in a few minutes u'll have what u want, no coding skills required at all.
sahar

Postby IntelOne » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:11 pm

I tried that first before posting, and I didn't see a way to do a slide show without thumbnails, and I didn't see any way to Add URL links when a photo is clicked. I will go in and try it again, but any pointers would be appreciated!

Thanks...

David
IntelOne

Postby EarlyOut » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:01 pm

If you just want a simple slideshow, with images that link to other locations, Highslide JS probably isn't the tool for the job. While it's probably possible to create that with Highslide, you have to do a lot of fiddling around, with a gallery that is self-launching, hidden thumbnails, etc. And getting clickable links on the images themselves would be very tricky. Highslide JS is set up to accept a click on the enlarged image as the trigger either to display the next image, or to close (back to the thumbnails).

If I were you, I'd Google for HTML slideshow, and do some looking around. There's almost certainly a script out there that's designed to do what you want, without going through a lot of gyrations.
EarlyOut

Postby IntelOne » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:04 am

That was what I was thinking at the beginning... that maybe HighSlide, as great a tool as it is, was a bit overkill for this particular project...

Thanks for the confirmation...

David
IntelOne

Return to Highslide JS Usage