It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:15 pm Advanced search

Center Preloader Image with repeated calls ...

Technical support, bug reports, feature requests and more.

Center Preloader Image with repeated calls ...

Postby Tekanewa » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:16 am

First of all, Highslide is one of the best and most versatile tools out there and I wouldn't know how to make my website work without it.

I have a static menubar that maintains its position even if the user scrolls up or down and I already managed to ensure that the HighSlide popup opens up centered every time it gets called from the fixed menubar, even if the user scrolled in the meantime ("hs.preserveContent = false"). The only thing that doesn't show up centered is the "Preloader Image", which will stay where it showed up the very first time the popup opened. If the user scrolled up or down since then and opens the popup again, the loader stays "hidden" in the area that is now blocked due to the user scrolling the screen content up or down.

Is there any way to have the preloader show up centered on the screen at any time, like the popup itself?

Thank you!

Marcel
Tekanewa

Re: Center Preloader Image with repeated calls ...

Postby torstein.honsi » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:06 pm

Hi Marcel,

The preloader spinner is designed to show up above the clicked item itself. It looks for the position of the item and places itself absolutely above it. Can you show me the example where this fails?
Torstein Hønsi
CTO, Founder
Highsoft Solutions
torstein.honsi
Site Admin

Re: Center Preloader Image with repeated calls ...

Postby Tekanewa » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:24 pm

I think I found a solution, using some ideas I found here:
http://highslide.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1483

I used the addition provided by 'java88' but used "hs.getPageSize()" instead to determine the page dimensions and changed the loading label position from "absolute" to "fixed". So far, it seems to work just fine in all current browsers, except IE6 (of course). But we dropped support for IE6 in order to utilize some more modern features on our website. I also changed the loading label itself to have a bigger image (CSS; .highslide-loading).

Again, thanks for the awesome and quick support the forum is providing!

Marcel
Tekanewa

Return to Highslide JS Usage