It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:26 am Advanced search

Stuck at "Loading" now, but no changes made!

Technical support, bug reports, feature requests and more.

Stuck at "Loading" now, but no changes made!

Postby endus » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:25 pm

http://www.desolatemetropolis.com/dm/

I have been using highslide for the "Comments" link on my site for years now. It has worked flawlessly (great addon, really well done).

Just last night, the highslide stopped working and now sticks at "Loading"...it never even used to display that graphic before. I have not made any changes to the site recently at all, though I have republished everything in MT a couple times trying to fix this.

I *am* migrating my site to wordpress and have been pulling files onto a test site on the same server under a different directory hierarchy. I'm certainly not going to try and claim that has nothing to do with it, but I have been extremely careful about how I have done that and all other elements of the site seem to be working fine. The other thing is that really all I have pulled is DB stuff and image files...and my highslide is only loading an html layer.

Any ideas?
endus

Re: Stuck at "Loading" now, but no changes made!

Postby EarlyOut » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:21 pm

It looks like some of the Highslide graphics files are missing, like:

http://www.desolatemetropolis.com/dm-be ... shadow.png
EarlyOut

Postby endus » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:34 pm

Wow that is extreeeemely peculiar. I didn't go anywhere near that stuff....that has me a bit concerned.

I am going to replace those and see if that fixes it. Thanks a ton for the sanity check.
endus

Postby EarlyOut » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:48 pm

Not really peculiar. Notice that the script is trying to load the Highslide graphics from a directory under dm-beta, not dm. The path to the graphics file, defined in highslide-with-html.js, is a relative path, relative to the current directory. If you're doing some sort of redirection from dm to dm-beta, the script is going to get confused.
EarlyOut

Postby endus » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:59 pm

EarlyOut wrote:Not really peculiar. Notice that the script is trying to load the Highslide graphics from a directory under dm-beta, not dm. The path to the graphics file, defined in highslide-with-html.js, is a relative path, relative to the current directory. If you're doing some sort of redirection from dm to dm-beta, the script is going to get confused.

Just figured that out.

What happened is that when I went to start redeveloping my site, I removed the old beta site directory. It turns out highslide was referencing the files in that directory. I replaced the files and it works fine now.

What I can't figure out is where it's actually broken and referring to dm-beta as the folder, but whatever...it doesn't matter in the short term!

Huuuuuuuge thanks...this was really bumming me out!
endus

Postby EarlyOut » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:20 pm

BTW, this is one of those cases (and there are a lot of them!) in which using the Firebug addon for Firefox is a life-saver. I simply pulled up the "Net" tab in Firebug and reloaded the page. A quick scan brought me to a couple of lines in red, showing items that were being called, but not found. It was choking on zoomin.cur and outlines/drop-shadow.png. Big hint! :wink:
EarlyOut

Return to Highslide JS Usage